Part 15: Biological Cause

{Chapter fifteen}

Delilah's POV

          Was I supposed to feel scared? Was I supposed to cry and beg for a place I knew I couldn't go back to? I pulled the covers closer to my neck feeling some bit of salvation. Though the sheets smelt of strong chemicals and brewed coffee My mind had settled at the odd feeling of safety, which I was clearly not in. I turned on my back, face to the ceiling as sighs escaped my lungs. How long was I going to hide away in this room? I've been here for five hours yet it was already too late to stand, it was midnight. And Isaac hadn't spoken to me since the nightmare earlier.

        Did he really like killing those men and see blood seep life away? Or was he saying those things to frighten me? At this point, anything was possible even the undesirable.Heck, I'm slowly forming into a hard copy of the mastermind himself? Was I getting poisoned mentally? I shrugged off my questioning.

      "Delilah?" Isaac's voice was tiresome and husky.His voice was evident in the darkness of night.

       My heart has become gelid. The first time we had communicated in hours. Was he going to slaughter me? Was he going to keep saying sickening things like before?

      I cleared my throat. "Yes?" I most likely said in a whisper only oblivion could hear.

       "I apologize..." His voice became thick, and I could hear the difficulty of his swallowing. Weird when you can hear things clearly at night, eh? Was it the darkness which made things easier to hear or was it night itself?

        "What do you mean?"

       "For saying those things I said that made you feel uneasy. I wish I could take it back but even if I did I know we'd both know it was the truth." He cleared his throat and I could sense him rustle in his sheets, some how In an uncomfortable way.

       "At the end of the day...we are the psychos of our own realities, our own worlds, either real or make believe," I fumbled with my trembling fingers, I couldn't believe I said that! What did I say? What was it supposed to mean? I inwardly groaned and hid under the covers.

       "True but....I'm a different case, Delilah, I don't need you to defend and dress my sickening truth in white." He said in a monotone voice. Leaving me with thoughts on what he had said. Was that the reason I had been acting weird? Was I dressing the situation in white? Was I trying to change my perspective of a kidnapping killer, sick headed lunatic into a vulnerable boy who had lost his ways because of a tragic dark past of his that I'm yet to discover? Or was this all in my head?

     "Goodnight Delilah, we've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow." Those words were his last for the night. If it was going to be a long day tomorrow then that meant it was going to be an even longer night.

^**^

"Oh ain't she sweet,

Well, see her walking down that street.

Yes, I ask you very confidentially.."

      The car was occupied by the Beatles singing to "Ain't She Sweet." Which was also the only thing avoiding silence. Isaac had some old taste for music, not that it was bad...it was different it was delightful, and was unusual because it reminded me of me. I had gone mad. Had I just compared myself to my kidnapper? I guess I just did.Right now I was on a serious intervention with myself. I had too many questions....questions, I've been having way too often.

      "Isaac, you still haven't told me why those bad people are after me?" I questioned seriously with parched lips. I was determined to have my questions answered once and for all. I was tired of being shrugged off like a child.

      "I told you, it isn't time. I can't tell you." He was going to keep shutting me off, it was something I was against and agitated at.

       "I have the right to know!" I shifted in my seat in an aggressive movement.

        He groaned. " I'm driving Delilah, not right now," He glared at me through the corner of his eye.

       I was sick of everything. This was it. I pulled at the emergency brake. He was only going 40 miles per hour so the car only swerved enough to push us off the road, causing our bodies to jolt forward violently but not enough to hurt us physically.

     The vein on his neck had pressed out of his skin and his nostrils flared. "Have you gone mad?"

     "Well that's what you are, aren't you?" I barked back. I was sick of fear and how much it limited me, I took the risk for once

      His hands had snaked around my neck firmly causing me to feel light headed in seconds. His lips reached my ear. "Well have you forgotten how mad I am?" "You know what I'm capable of hon, don't test me!" He whispers yelled. I felt my throat start to burn I tightened my hands around his forcing them from my neck and coughing violently in the process.

         "Y-you're crazy!" I choked on my words and rubbed at the pain inflicted on my neck.

      His eyes had darkened and a sinister smirk was visible on his lips. " Thought you already knew that." He said through gritted teeth causing shivers to pull at my spine. Every time I think I'm progressing with him it's the complete opposite. Why don't I learn?

      I avoided his burning gaze. " Just please tell me, I won't ask for anything else."

      He sighed, resting his palms on the wheel. "Well if you say so." You could hear the anger in his voice but like I said before I had

      To find out today and not even his threats were going to stop me.

       "It's your biological father, he's the cause all of this." He cleared his throat. My eyes had widened. How did he know my father? How? Nerves have caused my body to shake constantly.

        "What does he have to do with all of this?"

     His eyes were in warning. "You said only one question and I gave it to you now shut up and stop causing trouble." His voice withheld agitation and threat.

        "But-"

      "But nothing Delilah, if you ask me again I will not regret doing something undesirable." There was the threat that came with the tone In his voice. I bit my tongue, hard enough to draw blood.

        What did my father have to do with all of this? What did the father that gave me up for adoption as a baby have to do with all this?! Now I had questions that my mind struggled to process. What was going on? Why am I involved in something that has to do with my biological father a father I had never met nor seen.

____________

A u t h o r 's  N o t e :

Hey guys another chapter ! I know it's weird that I was motivated to actually right it the same night I published chapter 14. What do you guys think about after chapters and chapter of writing in third person ,I write in first person? Do you guys like it or would you guys want to see more third person instead? What did you guys think about the twist? Did you expect it just comment down below and let me know. Thanks for reading again guys . You guys don't know How much I appreciate your reads and votes. Till next update my little sunshines.

Love -Aster your
damsel in distress 💖🤦🏻‍♀️