Part 17: Room Service

A/N:
Gonna make this chapter a bit sassy for you guys :p

-------------------------------------------------------

{Chapter Seventeen}

     Isaac's eyes were bloodshot red,burning threw her skull, causing Delilah's frightened and frail body to minimize.

      "What were you thinking of?" He whisper yelled ,shoving her with his arm as he passed by frantically to peek through the window before acknowledging that it was indeed the Chinese delivery guy.He pressed his jittery fingers to the temples of his head and pursed his lips as a profound exhale escaped his lungs.

      He hesitated as he peered through the door. "How much will it be?"

            "Fifteen sixty six."

        "Here keep the change." Isaac said in reassurance.

       "Thanks man , have a nice day." The delivery guy flashed a grateful smile before turning on his heels and disappearing at the corner he turned at. Isaac studied his surrounding with great cautiousness before closing it behind and giving Delilah another deathful glare.

       She chuckled dryly. "I'm sorry?" This time her reply came out more of a question than a statement.

        "Look, I don't want to have to scream at you for the hundredth time but I will say one thing. There are evil people after you , to kill you. I'm not going to repeat myself again, I hope that what I said gets through that thick skull of yours to realize you're in danger and that death will take a toll. " He gritted his teeth and harshly pocked the side of her head in a drilling motion. She shivered , wrapping the towel tighter to her body as if giving salvation to her. She knew that what he was telling her was true . Yet she never really thought about death , that subject had her thoughtful. She didn't say anything ,she was completely mute.

          He let go of her face. "Now go shower , we are leaving in ten minutes. We can't afford getting almost killed again." She just simply nodded ,turning to the bathroom and letting go of her breath as she shut the door behind her.

       She felt like she had ran a marathon. That's what she always felt with him , nothing more, nothing less.

           She stripped down from the undergarments that hugged her wet skin and got in the shower. That was the only place she had as alone time ,everything else was lack of privacy. She let the water of the shower head cascade down her features as she scrubbed  away the chlorine. She always tried to stall in the bathroom as much as she possibly could. She wanted to hear herself think , and breath and daydream about her childhood and everything positive about her life because that's what she only had left sadly.

         Delilah thinks of wanting to go back to her family everytime water drifted down her nude back. She thinks of the pool parties she would have with her friends and the fun times she would have with her parents at the beach. Oh she missed the waves crashing into each other, the fresh smell of salt that would enlighten her lungs and the snow white sand that would caress her legs.

          She turned off the water , squeezing the liquid from her hair and once she rubbed her eyes dry they opened coming in contact with chocolate brown ones , eyes that belonged to Isaac. She rapidly covered her private parts and was ready to scream at him. Her eyes widened and his palm covered her mouth. She struggled, trying to pull away but it was impossible.

           He mouthed his words at her with a weary expression on his face. " They.are.here."

           She felt her palpitating heart in her stomach. She knew it was all her fault for ordering chinese food but she couldn't turn back if she wanted, because the front door of the motel room was shot open. Delilah's whimper was close to slipping from her tremulous lips but Isaac's hands tightened on her mouth. Her chest began to rise and fall in an unthinkably hasty pace. There was heavy footsteps roaming around the room quickly. Delilah thought that this was it, they were going to die . Life was so important yet can slip from our fingertips in the blink of an eye.Her fingers strangled Isaac's hands with all their mighty will. She didn't want to die lonely. Plus she believed that being lonely in anyway was incubus.

           Things were being thrown and searched , the closer the footsteps got to the bathroom the more Delilah wanted to sink and disappear in Isaac's chest . If she makes it out alive this time she was sure she would kill herself for being a nonsensical humanoid.

       "Delilah , listen to me," Isaac whispered as he turned her around so they could met gazes.

       "I am going to take care of him , I want you to count to fifteen and then get out through this window . Wait for me in the car . And here," he said with so much anxiousness in his voice handing her a pistol .

        "Incase things don't go as planned." He said all together and placed a long shirt over her head and through her arms.

        Delilah's world was demolishing in raw fear. More than ever before . "Wait!" Her lip quivered .

        She was scared at the words he used . 'In case things go wrong'. What if things do go wrong like he said ? Did that mean he might die ?Her stomached tied , she feared the thought of that happening to him.

         "If you do what I say everything will be okay." He reassured her with his palm cupping onto her cheek.

          A tear escaped her eye. "Okay."

       He gave her one last glance before disappeared past the shower curtain . And that was the last sight she had of him before groans and gun shots were heard from the room constantly . Her heart raced each time quicker at every bullet that penetrated out of the arms being used.

        Her fingers pulled at the strands of her hair tighter and tighter with every tug as she counted to fifteen then looked at the window above her on the right side of the shower head and slowly yet quietly pushed it opened . Delilah's fingers tightened around the pistol . She hesitantly crawled throw the cramped window.

Delilah sprinted to the parking lot passing some cars before getting to the Camry , the one that's been run on for miles and miles on end . She sneaked into the backseat of the car tucking her knees to her quivering and damp legs and tucked her hands in her tangled strands. Her heart ran miles as seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to ten more.

Where was Isaac?

Why wasn't he by her side yet ? Letting her know that everything was going to be okay?

The only person in her life at the moment wasn't consoling her with his dark brown eyes .

Something was wrong , she could feel it in her bones ...He never took that long to take care of a situation .

Delilah panicked , worries trembling her every limb. She couldn't permit him to die without her trying to help him no matter what he told her in the first place of staying in the car like a little good girl .

Delilah squinted her eyes tightly before charging up the pistol and getting out of the car . She has no idea what she was getting into . But that wasn't on her mind , the fact that her life was at risk didn't cross her brain . What did was the thought of the times Isaac had saved her life and how she had to repay him by saving his own.

__________________

Author's Note:

So I didn't take five years to update , thank goodness! I hate cliffhangers but don't understand why I always make them in my stories heheheh. I guess it just keeps the reader at the edge of their seats. There's so much more that needs to happen in this story that I'm not even joking so you guys can forget thinking that it will be short like my last one. This will long enough to get to where I want the scenes and characters to go . Well I hope you guys enjoyed reading and please comment , vote , and share . I thank all of you who vote and comment it really makes my day and helps me grow as a writer. I hope you guys keep doing it . Till the next update .

Love - Aster 💖