10

"Oh, Jeonghan, come in," Seungcheol opened the door for Jeonghan.

Jeonghan entered the house and looked around while adjusting the backpack strap on his shoulder. There were photo frames of himself, two adults- who Jeonghan assumed were Seungcheol's parents- and a younger boy hung on the walls of the vast entryway of the house. Even from the outside, the house seemed large and intricate- aka expensive. He nodded and said, "Nice place,"

"Aju," Seungcheol nodded as well.

"What?"

"Nothing. Come inside," Seungcheol closed the door behind Jeonghan and disappeared into the house.

Jeonghan took off his shoes and tiptoed through the main entrance, his eyes noting the porcelain glass dolls sitting in a row on a table in the middle of the hallway. Jeonghan's eyebrow twitched as he got to the living room, which was completely different than any other living room.

"I have a question," he said slowly.

"Ask away," Seungcheol responded.

"Why are your chairs made of solid gold?"

Seungcheol glanced at the chairs and then at Jeonghan.

"I thought all houses had chairs like this?"

Jeonghan shook his head.

"No, no they don't,"

Seungcheol shrugged, and Jeonghan had to refrain from punching him in the face. Jeonghan looked around for a more normal setting of the house, but all he saw was expensive furniture and delicate accessories placed around the house. Seungcheol had nothing normal in his house.

"Where did you want to work?" Jeonghan cleared his throat.

"We could sit here," Seungcheol pointed at the gold chairs.

"No," Jeonghan immediately declined. "Do you have a normal place we could work?"

Seungcheol frowned and looked around the house before saying, "We could work in my dog's room?"

Jeonghan gawked at the boy. He could not be serious.

Turns out, Seungcheol was serious. They went to a "little" room, as claimed by Seungcheol, which was outside right next to the large sun room. There was a fine dining table and a bed in the room, and the room itself was probably the size of Jeonghan's kitchen and living room combined.

"This is your dog's room?" Jeonghan could not believe his eyes.

Seungcheol nodded for the umpteenth time that day, and Jeonghan really could not take him seriously. He even pinched himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming, but he wasn't asleep. He was in pain mentally and physically, and it was more or less Seungcheol's fault.

"Whatever," Jeonghan said while trying to disregard the Afghan hound with hair longer than his own. "Let's just get to work,"

They got to work, and Jeonghan, who thought he wouldn't be able to teach someone as infuriating as Seungcheol, found himself liking this company. Seungcheol was a fast learner, he just simply did not like math at all. Although the situation was somewhat uncomfortable due to his new knowledge of Seungcheol's apparent immense wealth, everything felt normal. Well, everything felt normal except for when his dog, Genevieve, brushed up against his leg over and over again like a cat.

"This wasn't so bad," Seungcheol said after an hour's worth of work.

"That's true," Jeonghan couldn't help but agree, but for a different reason.

"I feel like I'm ready for my next test!" Seungcheol declared as he stretched.

"Slow down there, mate," Jeonghan shook his head. "We just went over what we learned in the beginning of the year and we're in second semester,"

Several profanities left Seungcheol's mouth, and Genevieve barked upon Seungcheol's tenth second in. He apologized to both Jeonghan and the dog before getting up and showing Jeonghan to the door.

"See you next week then?" Seungcheol asked.

"Again?" Jeonghan was confused.

"I mean, I still have the rest of the material to cover, right?"

Jeonghan blinked and then nodded. Yes, they still had the rest of the material to cover, and Jeonghan was one step closer to his plan.

He was getting closer.