12

"I still can't believe you work in a place like this," Jeonghan was amazed as he stepped into the coffee shop.

It was your average coffee shop, really. There were just hues of brown all over the place, and it was really comfortable too. The wooden tables and chairs were a nice touch to the decorations hanging from the walls. Jeonghan's favorite part was the strings of polaroids dangling by the menus. The strings were filled with the barista boys and maybe a couple of cute customers too.

"Is it because I play basketball?" Seungcheol asked.

"No, it's because you're filthy rich," Jeonghan shook his head.

"Yo, Kkeups, are you filling in for Sol today?" a short boy popped up from behind the counter, startling Jeonghan.

"Yeah, he's still overseas," Seungcheol nodded.

"Where the hell did you come from?" Jeonghan whispered to himself as he looked at the short boy.

"Oh, Jeonghan, this is Jihoon. Jihoon, this is Jeonghan," Seungcheol pointed at both the boys as he briefly introduced them to each other.

Jeonghan and Jihoon stared at each other for a while. Jeonghan blinked, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, then Jihoon, then Jeonghan, and Seungcheol stepped in between them, interrupting their blinking.

"Oh!" Jihoon finally exclaimed. "You're that kid!"

"What?" Jeonghan asked; he was also kind of pissed that a short boy was calling him a kid.

"The kid that Kkeups-" Jihoon was cut off by Seungcheol covering his mouth and shushing.

"We should probably work," Seungcheol glared at the shorter boy before going back into the employee's room.

Jihoon, while he was waiting for Seungcheol, stared at Jeonghan with a smug grin plastered to his face, Jeonghan getting slightly creeped out with the size of the smile on his face.

"May I help you?" Jeonghan asked.

"Nope!" Jihoon cheered before turning to back of the coffee shop.

Seungcheol got ready, and Jeonghan was actually kind of amazed by the way he looked. He and Jihoon were both wearing the same outfit, so Jeonghan assumed it must have been the dress code. Jihoon looked like a kid who was dressing up for a school presentation on what they wanted to be when they got older, but Seungcheol looked amazing. He was wearing a black button up, black dress pants, and a caramel apron around his waist. There was also a name tag, but it read "Kkeups," thus confusing the boy.

"Do you guys have barista names or something?" Jeonghan asked after reading Jihoon's name tag; it read "Woozi."

"Yeah, mine is Kkeups, Jihoon is Woozi, and Hansol, the guy I'm filling in for, is Sol," Seungcheol nodded as he went to wash his hands.

"Who is Hansol?" Jeonghan asked.

"My step-brother, but he's in America right now with his mom,"

"Wait, what?" Jeonghan was confused.

Seungcheol was about to explain, but someone barged into the coffee shop and interrupted him. Jeonghan looked over to the entrance and saw a boy with pretty golden hair strut in, his nose in the hair as he sashayed over to the counter.

"Is Sol still not here?" he asked as he looked at Seungcheol.

"Not yet," Seungcheol replied. "He'll be back in about a week,"

The boy pouted and looked over at Jeonghan. He blinked several times before saying, "Wow, I love your hair,"

Jeonghan ran his fingers through his hair (and he could've sworn he saw Seungcheol shiver) as he said, "Thanks,"

The loud boy stuck his hand out and said, "Hi, I'm Boo Seungkwan,"

"Yoon Jeonghan," Jeonghan nodded as he shook Seungkwan's hand.

Seungkwan sat at the table Jeonghan was at and let the customers roll through. They talked for a while, and Jeonghan slowly started liking the loud boy with the cheery personality. They talked up until closing time, and Jeonghan could swear he saw Seungcheol get irritated.

"You know, I was supposed to close up ten minutes ago," Seungcheol said through gritted teeth.

Seungkwan looked at his phone and exclaimed, "Oh my god, I have to leave!"

He jumped out of his seat and ran out of the coffee shop while screaming goodbye, Jeonghan getting up as well. He stretched just a little and got a startled when Seungcheol came up behind him. He turned to face him and saw that Seungcheol changed out of his uniform.

"Did you want a ride back to your place?" Jeonghan asked.

"Sure," Seungcheol shrugged. "You can even stay the night since it's getting pretty late,"

Jeonghan didn't know what to say. He looked at Seungcheol, and then at his phone. It was way past his curfew, and Jeonghan really didn't want to go back home and get yelled at by his parents, but he also didn't want to spend the night with Seungcheol. Seungcheol saw his hesitation and said, "It'll be fine. We don't have school tomorrow anyways, so just stay over,"

Jeonghan hesitantly nodded as the two exited the coffee shop. It looked as if Jeonghan were to spend the night at Seungcheol's place.