14

The birds were chirping outside and the sun was shining brighter than usual when Jeonghan awoke in an unfamiliar place that morning. He sat up slowly and brushed his short hair out of his face, his eyes blurry with sleep. He stretched and looked around him. He looked to the right and saw the bedsheets on a heap on the floor. He looked to the left and saw Seungcheol. Why was Seungcheol there, he asked himself. Why was he shirtless? Why was Seungcheol shirtless too?

Jeonghan's eyes widened as he realized his situation. He jumped out of bed and covered himself with the blanket on the ground. He tried to be quiet as he looked around for his shirt, but apparently him hopping out of bed was enough to wake Seungcheol up. Seungcheol sat up and rubbed his eyes, Jeonghan staring at him with wide eyes as he turned to the right.

"Uh," Jeonghan uttered. "Good morning?"

Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked, then Seungcheol blinked, then Jeonghan blinked.

"Good morning," Seungcheol whispered, his hand reaching for a pillow next to him to cover his bare chest.

"I, uh," Jeonghan stuttered as he looked around. He saw his shirt lying on the ground next to a book and picked it up. "Found my shirt," he said quietly.

"I'm going to go take a shower," Seungcheol announced as he got out of bed and scurried out of the bedroom.

Jeonghan sighed in relief as he dropped the bed sheets. He wore his shirt and straightened out his hair, only to realize what Seungcheol said. He quickly ran around the bedroom and looked for his backpack. Once he found it lying by the door, he grabbed it and ran out of Seungcheol's house. He could hear Genevieve barking at him as he left the door wide open.

"Sorry, Genevieve," Jeonghan apologized as he closed the door.

Jeonghan simply could not be in the Choi household- his plan finally worked and he did not want to see the final product.