chapter 1 - My brother and his bat

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Emily, all rights go to MTV Teen Wolf.

Chapter 1: 

 "I think just going to wear my cream colored dress with my heels, so don't worry Lydia, your not going to have to crucify me for wearing sweats to school" I muttered, running a hand through my brown hair.

The last night of winter break, I would usually be curled up with hot chocolate, reading one of my cheesy Nicholas Sparks romance novels, and getting ready for another dreadful day at Beacon Hills High to start again, but Instead, my petite strawberry blonde bestfriend decided she wanted a play by play of my outfit for tommorow.

"Emily, as your best friend its my duty to make sure that you don't embarrass yourself with your selection of clothing, or to make sure that we don't clash," Lydia explained. "You know how I feel about people who purposely try to match each other!"

I let out a small chuckle into the phone. "Okay, well I'm just going to try and get some sleep so I don't look like something out of Friday the thirteenth when I wake up... so I guess I'll meet up with you tomorrow before first period?"

"Of course, Em. I'll see you bright and early tomorrow! Love you!" She chirped.

"Bye Lyd!" I called out, hanging up, and tossing my phone on the bed.

I stopped infront of my mirror, and started to brush my hair. I could hear the faint sound of the faucet turning off from my brother, Scotts  bathroom, so I figured he was done and going to bed. Scott and I were twins, and we were inseparable ever since we were born. Scott was more of the shy quiet one, which everyone thought was odd, since I was his sister. I'm not saying I'm loud or anything, but everyone has always said how I'm way more social than Scott. Even though we were twins, we both lead extremely different lifestyles. Since my best friend is none other than Lydia Martin, I guess I had a pretty busy lifestyle. Lydia and I were like the same people seperated into two different bodies. As cliche as it sounds, Lydia and I were considered "high school royalty", which meant we were considered the best of the best.

While I had my strawberry blonde partner in crime, Scott had one of his own.

Stiles Stilinski.

Stiles was completely different from any guy I've ever met. Besides Lydia, he was my best friend. He was also the guy I've had a full blown crush on, for 2 years.

The only problem with this, was that he was in love with Lydia Martin. My bestfriend.

I could have any guy I wanted, but my stupid heart made me fall head over heels for Stiles Stilinski. The sarcastic, awkward, adorable, understanding goof, who was my brother's best friend.

It scared me that I could spend a whole day lying in bed, and thinking about him, or that I could literally feel my heart breaking whenever he looked at, or talked about Lydia.

Unfortunately, it also freaked me out that I even have these feelings for him in the first place. The only person who knew about it was Scott, and I planned to keep it that way.

I decided to stop thinking about it and go into Scotts room and see what he was up to.

I knocked on the door "Hey Scotty, can I come in?"

"Yeah I'm just brushing my teeth!" He called out with a mouth full of toothpaste.

"I can tell.." I remarked, opening the door. I walked into his room and sat down on his bed, which had his lacrosse stick laying down on it.

I gently placed it on the ground as he walked in the room.

"What's up? Did you come to see what outfit I was planning on wearing tomorrow?" He questioned sarcastically.