chapter 13 - Stay with me

Chapter 13

Emily's POV

"Look, Hoosiers is not only the best basket ball movie ever, it's the best sports movie ever made." Jackson explained to Lydia. 

I was currently crammed into the back of Lydia's petite car, listening to the two bicker about what movie they wanted to watch. Jackson wasn't supposed to be hanging out with us, because I was promised a fun girls night between Lydia and I. Unfortunately, when I showed up at her house with my kettle corn in hand, I walked in on Jackson shoving his tongue down Lydia's throat on her living room couch. Let's just say it was hard to keep my dinner down.  

Anyways, it turned out when Lydia had invited me over for a girls night, she forgot the leave out the plus Jackson part. So basically it was going to be me sitting on the comfy love seat, trying to watch Lydia's favorite movie - The Notebook - for the millionth time, while her and Jackson made out on the couch again.

Trust me, I would have left, but I didn't want to be alone tonight. Scott was hanging out with his new werewolf bestie, Derek, and My mom was working the night shift at the hospital again. I did text Stiles, but he was spending time with his Dad tonight. 

I wish I could have text Allison, but I didn't wan't to scare her off, by asking to save me from Lydia, and Jackson, who seem to be twins connected at the mouth. 

So here I was, parked at Video 2*C, listening to tweedle dee, and tweedle jerk off fight about what movie they want to watch.

"No." Lydia stated, knowing she was just going to get her way in the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson started to blow steam out of his ears right now, by the way he was giving the death glare to his girlfriend. 

"It's got Gene Hackman, and Dennis Hopper." Jackson said, trying to reason with her. 

Reasoning with Lydia, is one of the worst things you can try to do. You know you're never going to win, but you just have to try, because you can't give up hope that you'll actually make her agree with you. 

"No." 

"Lydia, I swear to god you're gonna like it." 

"Lydia," I began, trying to help out Jackson. "Hoosiers is actually prett--"

"No." Lydia replied again.

Jackson and I exchanged a frustrated glance. It's not like I don't like the Notebook, but when I've watched it so many times with Lydia-- Who never fails to cry, my eyes tend to stay as dry as the desert.

"I am not, watching the Notebook again!" Jackson exclaimed. 

Lydia looked over at Jackson, cocking her perfectly plucked eyebrow. Jackson rolled his eyes, and dramatically groaned, before reluctantly getting out of the car. He made sure to slam the door on his way out.

I watched as Lydia riffled through her purse, and turned to me with a crisp 5 dollar bill in her hand. 

"Here, go buy us some of those sour gummy worms we like." She said, adding a wink. 

Rolling my eyes, I plucked the 5 dollar bill from her manicured fingers. "No problem, your highness."

She snorted, and shooed me out of the car. I hopped out, and walked into the movie store. I strolled to the check out, and picked up the gummy worms out of the plethora of candies they had. I looked around and noticed that no one was working the register. 

"Can somebody help me find the Notebook?" A drained voice asked. "Hello?"

Jackson.

I walked into one of the isles to see him sorting through some movies.