chapter 11 - Running out of time.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Emily, all rights go to MTV Teen Wolf.

Chapter 11

Emily's POV

beep beep beep be--

I slammed my hand down on my alarm, and looked over at the time, which read 6:00. I rubbed my eyes, which were burning, due to the fact that Scott woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me that Derek wasn't the one who bit him, but an other werewolf called the Alpha did, and to also explain to me that there was a new hunter in town. After our conversation ended, I stayed up for another 3 hours, thinking about who could possibly turn into a scary creature, who goes around biting teenagers at night.

All I can really remember about the creature is that it wasn't what Scott looked like when he shifted into a werewolf. This thing was much worse. From what I can remember, it looked like a horrifying twist of your classic movie werewolf. I would be lying if I said the piercing red eyes have never shown up in my nightmares. 

I shook the thought of the creature out of my mind, while sitting up in my bed. I already took a shower last night, so all I needed to do was make myself look presentable today. I got out from under my covers, hopped off my bed, walked into my bathroom, and stood in front of my mirror. My eyes widened as I grimaced at the dark bags that had formed under my brown eyes.

I let out a whimper as I ran my finger across the dark and puffy bags, and turned on the faucet. I rinsed off my face, and applied my makeup, which consisted of extra under eye concealer. I walked back into my lavender painted room, and opened my closet door.

Being the best friend of Lydia Martin always has its perks. She always bought me new clothes, let me borrow them, or just gave me her clothes in general because she claimed it was "out of season". 

I ran my fingers over the plethora of fabrics, and pulled out a short sleeved navy blue dress with lace detailing on the bottom, that ended mid thigh. I should probably try to look nice today, because Lydia would literally haul my ass back home to change if I walked into school with sweatpants. 

I pulled out a pair of tights, and put them on before zipping my dress up. I grabbed my black flats, and slipped them on before making my way downstairs, and into the kitchen.

I walked in and glanced at Scott, who honestly didn't look so hot either. I guess I can't blame him though, If I had a creepy Alpha werewolf trying to get me to murder innocent people, I would probably be a wreck too. I honestly felt bad for Scott. He was the sweetest person, and of course he gets his life turned upside down. 

I slid past Scott, who was taking a piece of burnt toast out of the toaster. I grabbed juice from the refrigerator, and poured it into a cup before leaning on the counter next to my disheveled looking brother.

"Hey Scotty, How did you sleep last night?" I yawned, while taking a sip of my juice. 

"I only slept for like, three hours. How 'bout you?" He mumbled out, rubbing his tired eyes. 

"Same," I muttered quietly. 

I reached over him, and grabbed an apple from our fruit bowl. I walked over to my backpack, which was resting against a kitchen stool, and hoisted it on my shoulder.

"Are you ready to go?" I questioned him, as he looked around for his backpack.

"Yeah, I'm just going to get my backpack upstairs! " He called out to me, while jogging up the stairs.

I sighed, and leaned against the door. I was not in the mood for school at all. All I was looking forward to was seeing Stiles first period. Stiles always makes my mood better, even when he's being an idiot.