chapter 4 - It started with a bite

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Emily, all rights go to MTV Teen Wolf.

Chapter 4

Emily's POV

As we were currently walking through the preserve to go find Scott's Inhaler that he lost last night, i was trying not to fall on my face. I made a discusted noise as Stiles splashed water on me by jumping through the creek.

"I don't- I don't know what It was... It was like I had all the time In the world to catch the ball... and that's not the only wierd thing--I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear, smell things..." He explained to Stiles and I.

"Smell things... like what?" Stiles asked.

Scott looked around before he glanced at Stiles. "Like the mint mojito gum in your pocket"

I looked at Scott curiously when Stiles started to say how he didn't have any in his pocket. Just out of my own curiousity, I dug my hand in Stiles' jacket pocket. He snapped his head in my direction as i pulled out a broken piece. I held it infront of my face for a second, before looking back to Scott with raised eyebrows.

"Wierd..." I muttered as i glanced between Scott and the gum.

I looked to Stiles to see he was already looking at me with a goofy grin and a slight blush on his face for some reason. I smiled back, tossing the gum off to the side and walking forward leaving the two of them behind. I wonder what Stiles was blushing at. I quickly ran my tounge around my mouth to make sure i didn't have any food in my teeth. You never know, usually people don't tell you things like that because they think it's funny or something.

I heard Scott and Stiles behind me jogging to catch up. Once they did Stiles began to talk again.

"So all this Started with a bite." Stiles stated.

"W-What if its like an infection?" Scott asked. "Like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something."

Stiles glanced to me quickly, looking back to Scott with a worried expression. "You know I actually think I've heard of this, It's a specific kind of infection."

"Are you serious?" Me and Scott asked nervously.

"Yeah" Stiles said, nodding his head and smirking. "Yeah, I think its called... lycanthropy."

I rolled my eyes, and chuckled slightly. Scott looked between us with a confused and nervous look on his face.

"What's that? is that bad?" Scott asked, obviously freaked out. I had to bite down on my bottom lip to stop from laughing.

"Oh yeah, It's The worst" Stiles began.

"But only once a month." I added, looking down and making geustures with my hands. I knew if I looked up at Scott I would probably start cracking up.

"Once a month?" Scott questioned, looking at me confused.

"Mmh, on the night of the full moon" Stiles replied, howling.

I laughed at Stiles, and the expression on Scott's face. I nudged Stiles with my elbow, shaking my head at him. He looked down at me laughing. Scott pushed him back, and began to walk away.

"Hey, your the one who heard a wolf howling" Stiles remarked accusingly.

"There could be something seriously wrong with me!" Scott complained, getting frustrated.

"I know, your a werewolf!" Stiles exclaimed, letting out a growl.

I looked up at him laughing, and he winked at me jokingly. I felt my whole stomach flip, as I looked down to hide my blush.