Flashback

Lexa let out a soft moan as her breath quickened. Clarke's head was currently between her thighs as she circled Lexa's clit with her tongue while fucking her with 2 curled fingers. The blonde was moaning slightly at the taste as she dipped her tongue to get a further taste. Lexa threw her head back as Clarke bit down on her clit with a growl. Her mind drifted to Costia who used to pull that final move to push Lexa off the edge.

*Flashback*

Giggles filled the empty forest as the two girls ran away from the camp. They came to a stop when they found their usual cave. Costia smirked as she pushed Lexa onto the fur on the ground. Lexa smiled up at her girlfriend and sat up pulling her top off.

"That is my job, Lexa." Costia said with a growl as she got on top of Lexa and practically ripped her top off. Lexa smirked at her girlfriend as she pulled her in for a kiss. Costia pulled away and began kissing down her neck leaving angry red marks. Lexa tangled her fingers in Costia's hair as she closed her eyes giving in to the pleasure. Costia went straight to the point; no teasing. She moved down Lexa's body pulling her trousers down with her. Lexa was exposed as Costia laps at her wet lips. She continued licking her occasionally dipping her tongue in the throbbing entrance. She entered a single finger after a few minutes before biting down on her clit with a possessive growl.

"COSTIA!"

*End flashback*

"COSTIA!" Clarke stopped her movements and so did her heart. She slowly looked up at Lexa who was looking down with wide eyes and her hands over her mouth. "Clarke..." The blonde shook her head and sat up with confusion and pain. Her girlfriend just screamed out her ex's name during an orgasm. How was she supposed to feel?

"Don't. Just don't." Clarke whispered as she stood up and quickly got dressed. All Lexa could do was watch Clarke with shock, speechless. The blonde left the hut with tears running down her face similar to the ones running down Lexa's.

"Dammit." Lexa cursed under her breath as she covered her face with her hands. She messed up really bad right now and she knew that either Raven or Bellamy will be storming in any second with anger. The brunette stood up and got dressed before sitting on her bed with her head in her hands. If she was going to be honest with herself she would have to say she never really got over Costia's death. She never let herself mourn over her. She turned into a devilish person hiding her emotions within forever.

*Flashback*

The couple were lying down on the grass staring up at the stars together. Their limbs were tangled as they thought about what else was out there. Their minds were young and curious and filled with life. They were best friends and lovers. They were soulmates. They made each other stronger no matter what Anya had said.

"Costia?" Lexa asked with a soft and slightly nervous tone. Her girlfriend looked over to her with a smile on her face.

"Yes, darling?" Lexa sighed and looked up into Costia's reassuring eyes. She felt the nerves leave her body as she poured her trust into Costia.

"I have fallen for you." She confessed and was happy with the wide smile she got as an answer. Costia leaned in and kissed Lexa softly as she put her hand on a soft cheek.

"I have fallen for you, too."

*End flashback*

Fresh tears fell down Lexa's cheeks as she remembered the first time she told Costia how she felt about her. After Costia she never thought there was anything better but there was; Clarke. What she felt for Clarke was strong, sometimes overwhelming. It scared her a little to think about the affect Clarke has on her.

"What the hell did you do?" Lexa groaned as she looked up to see Octavia with concerned and angry eyes. She was a little shocked to see Octavia act this way towards her.

"You will not disrespect your Commander like that." Lexa growled as she stood up and walked over to Octavia.

"You will not disrespect my best friend like that." Octavia was feeling brave as she narrowed her eyes glaring at the Commander. She sighed once she saw that Lexa was holding back tears while she already had tear-stained cheeks. She was hesitant before holding her arms out indicating a hug. The Commander looked at her in silence for a few seconds before she quietly sobbed into Octavia's shoulder. The two had gotten closer after the war; they had respect for each other and they did understand each other too. Lexa finally let herself mourn over her ex-girlfriend.

Minutes later Lexa's sobbing came to a stop as she moved to sit on her bed. The looked down refusing to meet Octavia's eyes.

"I allowed myself to feel. And all it did was make me weak. But with Clarke everything is different. I never let myself mourn over Costia because that was weakness. I never thought I would ever fall in love again because that was weakness. But I fell for Clarke the second I laid my eyes on her. I fell too hard before I even gave myself a chance to get over Costia." Lexa confessed and Octavia listened to every word.

"Lexa, Costia is always going to have a special place in your heart." Lexa shook her head.

"But Clarke is invading my heart. My heart belongs to her now. So why does it still hurt so much?" Octavia sighed as silent tears fell down Lexa's cheeks once again. This was the moment Clarke decided to walk in. She froze in her place when she saw Lexa crying with Octavia's hand on her shoulder.

"Lexa?" Clarke whispered catching both the girls' attention. Octavia decided to leave the couple on their own to talk things out. Clarke took Octavia's previous position and looked down in silence.

"I apologize, Clarke. I realised that I have made a huge mistake during our encounter. I was not thinking clearly." They sat in silence as Clarke tried to comprehend Lexa's words. "I am afraid I did not give myself any time to truly mourn over Costia." Clarke lifted her head and looked at Lexa not knowing what to say.

"Lexa. I can't say it didn't hurt to hear you say her name like that. I think I need a little space for a while. And I think you need some space and time to get over Costia. It's for the best." Clarke said with a soft yet sad smile. Lexa sighed and looked back down trying to hold back her tears.

"Please." She choked back a sob as her voice broke and so did Clarke's heart at that vulnerable sound. "Please don't leave me." Clarke pulled Lexa in for a slow kiss and rested her forehead on Lexa's.

"I won't leave you. I promise."