Chapter 27-

"What are you doing here at 4 in the morning?!"
I jump. Wasn't expecting to see anybody here. Especially Aly.
"What are you doing here?" I stop dribbling.
Aly shrugs.
"Went for a walk. Can't sleep."
I shrug and keep shooting hoops.
This is how I deal with stress. And if you couldn't tell I prefer to do it alone.
"Is everything ok?"
I shrug again and run around dribbling.
"Asher?"
I dunk the ball twice.
"Everything is fine, Aly."
"It's obviously not fine or you wouldn't be ignoring me."
"Ok. You're right. I'm not fine. But I don't want to talk about it right now. So maybe you should go home."
Aly widens her eyes.
"Fine. I'll leave if that's what you want. But promise me it's nothing about us that's bothering you?"
"Nothing." I shake my head.
Man, I'm being such a dick right now...
Aly starts to walk away slowly.
"Wait no, come back!" I call after her.
"Excuse me?"
"I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE MY DAD THINKS I AM A FREAKING YO-YO!!"
"Wait what?"
"NOW HE DECIDES HE IS GUILTY HE DIDN'T GIVE ME MUCH ATTENTION?! So now while he is all the way back home he wants to parent me?!" I start yelling.
"Asher-"
"He told my mom that he wants me to come back to Philly! Ok?! Happy?! And he can't even get his finances together, but that's another story...and but...he finally realized I am a person. He finally realizes he should of tried to be a father!"
"What?"
"My dad was always busy arguing with my mom. He never played ball with me, or or I don't know. All I know is he is having lots of problems back home and he thinks I can just be shipped back to Pennsylvania? I'm not a yo-yo! Do you know how hard it has been on me to pick up my life and come to Ohio?!"
"Asher! I think you are extremely overtired! Just go to bed. It'll be ok!"
"No it isn't ok! And why are you here anyway?!"
"My brother is having an episode and I can't sleep.." Aly buries her head in her hands.
I don't say a word.
I just dribble again as I scrunch my eyes.
"So after all this...you're leaving me?"
"I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know how long I'll be there or anything.."
"Why don't you tell your mom you don't want to go?"
"What?" I look up.
"You know.." Aly sits down next to me, so I sit down too.
"You are practically seventeen right? You don't have to go along with everything your parents want."
"Well I didn't go with everything my mom wanted and look where it got me!"
"What do you mean?" Aly lowers her eye brows.
"She told me this is has to do with me sneaking out to be with you. I went against what my mom told me my punishment was. And I had  this punishment in the first place because I rebelled against my med cycle..and she had to contact my best friend from home to locate me!"
Aly looks down.
"So basically my parents think I hit a rebellious streak and don't know what to do with me.."
"Are you a little rebel?"
"What?!"
"I just met you here. Is this how you were back home? Are you hitting a bad boy streak?"
"Aly, I was worse back home! I'm legit the shy kid here. I was always out with my little group and...and..are you implying you wouldn't have gone with me to the dance if you knew I was sneaking out?"
"I'm just a good girl, Asher."
My eyes roll.
"Sassy.." Aly chuckles.
"It was my Tourette's!"
"Suuure it was!"
I shake my head as I laugh.
"Believe what you want."
"Well you go think about how to get out of this mess because I'll be really mad if I can't have my little rebel back here with me!"
"I'm not a rebel!" I call to Aly as she walks away.
"You told me you hit a rebellious streak!" She calls back.
"That's what my parents said!" I scream back.
"SURE IT WAS!!" Aly shrieks running toward her house.

Man, something about that girl makes me feel a hell of a lot better when I am sad..
So much better that it's resulting in a good girl like her influencing me to be rebellious just to be with her more 😈😈