Chapter 28-

"Ayy! Ashy!"
I smile bigger than I have in awhile.
"Hold on, practice just ended, let me get everyone else in here."
"I know. That's why I am video chatting you at 6:17 on Tuesday."
"Wow, Westman. So precise." Evan laughs.
"Mmhmm. Expect nothing less."
"Hey everyone, look who called to VC!"
"Evan! I'm changing!" My buddy, Gino yells.
Typicaaallll
"It's just ASH!"
Typical again.
"Yo, Asher! Waddup!"
I smile.
"Boys the rents want to ship me back to Philly."
I hear a choir of woah, duuuude, waaaay, etc.
"You fucked up." Kevin states.
"I did not F up!"
"Are you sure Ashy? The phone call with mama Sienna Westy?"
I blush.
"Oooh, Asher tell us!!" Jerry exclaims.
"Well...don't laugh ok? Promise?"
"Yeah man of course"
"Yeah"
"Yeah"
"Well...mom told me I can't go out but since she was out of town I went to the school Halloween dance..with this girl...and my mom came home a bit too early and-"
"OH NO DUDE!"
"And she called ME! ME of all people to find this kid!"
"Eh, you're his best friend. What do you expect?!" Jack says between laughs. They're laughing like this is the funniest thing they have ever heard.
"I miss you so much, Ash! Our whole team is so much less entertaining without ya, man! You're the funniest!"
Do they laugh at me...? Scratch that, Ash! They're not senseless dimwits like the people at this school!!
"Really?!"
"Um yes! Because you come up with crap like this!"
"Yeah, and like when you climbed up the pole on the outdoor basketball hoop and just sat in the hoop screaming nursery rhymes?!"
That was epic...
You know I'm weird by now.
"Well prepare to laugh at me again." I hold back the laughter.
"Oh dear lord..." Kevin laughs.
"Wait Dudes...know how my parents want to ship me back to Philly because they're scared of my terrible behavior streak?"
"Dude you're literally saying this as you are wearing a batman onesie eating goldfish crackers..."
"I love my goldfish! Anywho...I'm thinking of being rebellious and staying."
"Dude what the hell?! Leave that hellhole and join us!" Evan tells me.
I start laughing like crazy.
"Dude you're making me choke! I'm going to go bad boy because of this girl I met.. she..she like changed my life..but I don't know what do you guys think? She told me to be rebellious for her and tell my parents I don't want to leave. Cuz honestly I was mad pissed at first for my dad wanting to treat me like a yo-yo. But I'm trying to be rational now."
"You had me at changed your life..." Jerry giggles.
"No, Ash..." Evan says seriously. "Come with us. You know I think it's ridiculous to think you need a 'time out' from Ohio, but I think you're better off in Philly! Come on, look at the guys on the basketball team! That's disguising what they did to you."
I grunt a few times.
"Evan, I need a serious opinion. I shouldn't act all rebellious and stay just for Aly?"
"Oh my goodness! You must really like this Aly!! Ash, trust me. Listen to the rents for once. I'm not just saying this because I miss you like crazy. It's because I care about you and you're my best friend. You can't just rely on this one girl. What if things don't work? You're network is right here. We are your team off the court too."
"I know..."
"Also, don't do that to Sienna. Don't stress her out anymore. Please, Asher."
"I know you aren't a selfish son of a gun. Only a little bit. You're right, E vahn."
"Of course, Ah share."
"See you boys soon?"
"Woohoo!!! Yay! Woah!!"
I smile so hard.
Gosh, I love my bros so much.
"Alright. I'll catch you later, Dudey. Xbox live later?"
"Sure. Just gotta keep them grades up, Dog."
"Woof woof. Bye bye."
"Bye!"
I think Evan is right..Mostly the part about my mom. I can't do that to her.
Besides, I always did miss Philly anyway.