chapter fifteen

chapter fifteen
fake
[anya rose steinburg]
-
"hey." i say on the phone, answering kelsey.

"hey, what time do you need the taxi at the airport?" she asks me.

"oh um make it a slightly bigger taxi." i trail off. "shawns coming."

"what? why? i though we were doing turkey day with just us friends?" i can sense her sadness.

"i know, i know." i say quietly, shutting our hotel bathroom door. "no offence but i don't want him to come, i mean he's been travelling so much, and he needs to chill and go home, plus it's not even his thanksgiving." i sigh. "it's just he asked and i can't say no."

"daniels gonna be there." i sigh.

"i know." i reply, looking at my nails. "he can't make a pass on me, we broke up before i became shawns girlfriend."

"anya you two were in love." i roll my eyes.

"yeah but it doesn't mean that i still love him." i say quickly. "i gotta go but i'll talk to you today okay?"

"sure, and what time for the taxi?"

"6pm." i say. "see you soon kels." i hang up, putting my phone back in my pocket, opening up the bathroom door. shawn stands there, a frown on his face, and tears silently pooling in his eyes.

"if you don't want me there i can easily get the train to toronto." he mumbles, running a hand through his hair. "and if you don't love me anymore, we can break up."

"what made you think i don't love you?" i ask, putting a hand on my hip. "and why were you snooping on me?"

"i don't know, maybe because my girlfriend doesn't want me at her thanksgiving? and could be cheating on me?" i stay quiet. "so who is it? huh? brooklyn?"

"i'm not cheating on you!" i grumble. "how the fuck would you think that?"

"then who are you talking about?" i put my hand on my head, sighing.

"my ex." i mumble.

"i'm getting the train to toronto, i'll ask andrew to book my ticket now." he grumbles angrily, wiping his eyes, and turning around, walking to the hotel door.

"shawn." i state. "don't."

"you don't even want me there so what's the point huh?" he snaps, opening and closing the door sharply, leaving me shaken.

i don't go after him, i know i'm the one in the wrong. i shouldn't have said anything, or even called kelsey in the first place.

feeling a shot of sadness run through me, i stand up, taking a key with me and walking out of our hotel room, knocking on christina's door.

"c-chris it's anya." i stutter. "can i come in?"

"sure it's open!" i open up the door, walking in and seeing her sat at the desk in the room, twiddling her thumbs. "anya what's wrong?"

"i fucked up." i mumble, sitting on her bed. "god he's literally gonna break up with me."

"what happened?" she sits next to me, rubbing my back as i explain it, slowly getting hysterical.

"i-i mean i have to you know feel like that right?" i mumble, my voice getting higher. "like i-it's not my fault there are people who i want to catch up with, and my ex is there!"

"anya you couldn't help it from coming out, don't worry okay?" she reassures me. "shawn loves you, he won't break up with you, i'm positive." i shrug, my breaths shaky.

"what time are we leaving?" she looks at her watch.

"now, go and get your stuff okay?" i nod, slowly getting up and trying to steady my breaths.