chapter fifty-seven

chapter fifty-seven
fake
[anya rose steinburg]
-
the fairly sunny day complimented my mood. its warm, but not too warm, and slightly muggy, but not sticky. shawn currently is strumming away at his guitar, scribbling down lyrics into a notebook, and concentrated, while i sit on the bed, leaning against the wooden headboard and finishing up an essay on english politics.

shawn stops for a second, chewing his pen in concentration, before quickly writing, and then stopping again. "anya?" he calls.

"hmm?" i look up from the screen, seeing him turned to me.

"what would you describe our love to be?" he questions, putting his guitar down and gazing at me curiously.

"incredible, and raw." i answer simply, folding my arms. "why?"

"i'm stuck on a couple words." he scratches the back of his head nervously. "this song has to be perfect, it's about us."

"aw shawn." i smile softly, putting the laptop down and crawling up to him, leaning over his back, and linking my arms around his neck. "let me read it."

"no, it's a surprise." he chuckles, shutting the notebook and putting it down, holding my arms in his. "the cars picking us up at 12."

"that's fine." i yawn, seeing the time is only 11am. "hey shawn, don't stress yourself out about this, it doesn't matter if it isn't perfect, because we aren't." he rubs my arm softly, chuckling lightly.

"i know, it's just our relationship is really special to me, so i just want all of it to be perfect." he says softly. "anyway, i think that's enough today."

"i still have my work to do." i sigh, letting go of him and going back to where i was sitting, going back to my essay.

"i'm gonna go live on instagram, is that okay?" shawn asks, picking up my feet and putting them on his lap.

"yeah, i'm fine with that, just don't disturb me." i laugh, as shawn scoffs, taking out his phone and typing away at a few things.

"hey guys." shawn waves, going live on his phone. "how are you all?" i chuckle to myself, typing away at the computer. "where am i? i'm at anyas apartment, oh guys, we have great news."

"we do?" i ask, confused at what he's saying.

"the thing with the thing in toronto." shawn says, trying to make me realise.

"oh, we do." i nod, as shawn lifts the camera so both of us are in the frame.

"we're moving in together!" shawn cheers, as i chuckle, blushing softly at him. "yeah we bought a house in toronto, so that's exciting."

"i'm stuck with him for a while now i guess." i tease, laughing. "joking, shawns fun to stay with, i can tease him more."

"she teases me on a daily basis." shawn laughs. "how far away are you moving from your family?" he reads off of the live comments, as i shake my head, laughing.

"we are basically next door to them." i answer. "well a fifteen minute drive but we're still close."

"anya what's the most annoying thing about shawn?" he reads out, laughing at the end. "guys i'm not annoying."

"he isn't annoying in the slightest." i smile softly at shawn, as he smiles back, leaning over to peck my lips, before going back to the livestream.

"shawn when's new music coming out?" he reads out again. "soon, i promise."

"soon means three years." i chirp in, going back to typing my essay. "no offence baby, but it's true."