1- The Necklace

I heard the door open but I didn't turn around. I didn't need to, to know who it was. Magic filled my nose, his strong presence behind me. He didn't touch me or begin to speak, this I was happy for. There was a moments silence before I turned around to face him, his beauty once again taking me by surprise. He was closer than I expected, making me jump back a little. His jaw clenched, his lips forming a straight line, he took a step backwards, looking uncomfortable for the first time since I had arrived.

"What do you want?" I asked, harsher than expected, he looked down at a small purple box in his hands. I hadn't noticed it until now. I looked back at him and it was almost like, in the deepest corners of his eyes, he appeared to be nervous.

"I want you to have this," he announced, holding it out for her to take. I stared at the box and then back at him, narrowing my eyes.

"I don't want anything from you," I spat, turning away from him again but a strong hand turned me back around, forcing the purple box into my hands. It was soft under my rough fingers; I couldn't help but run a long finger over the soft velvet.

"Please. Open it," he asked, his voice softer this time. I didn't look at him this time but continued to stare at the box, my twitching fingers flicking open the latch and opening it. Magic once again filled my nose but it was different this time, but I couldn't figure out how. When I saw, what was in the box my breath hitched. It was a long golden pendant, with a small emerald encase in a gold casing, and hanging from it the smaller one, was another emerald in a tear drop shape encase in a spiral gold holder. It was the most beautiful pendant I had ever seen. I reached in to pull it out, as soon as it was in my hands I could feel the magic bellowing off it, causing me to drop it. I looked at Tamlin.

"Magic?" I asked.

"Yes, it's an enchanted pendant. The emerald's will protect you from any evil that wants to harm you. No one will ever be able to touch you...if you don't want them to," the last words seemed harder for him to say. I looked at the pendant again. Was he telling the truth? It could be a trap, some cruel Fae trick.

"Feyre, for once please don't be difficult. Don't question every movement I make as an act against you. I'm trying to help you, to protect you," Tamlin snapped, annoyance building up in his eyes but still his claws remained under his skin. Tamlin didn't wait for a response, he took the pendant out slowly and went behind me. I didn't move as I felt his presence behind me, his hands getting closer to my neck, slipping the pendant over my neck so that the emerald fell just between my breasts. Quicker than I could process he was in front of me again, I wasn't looking at him however, I was holding the pendant in my hand.

"Feyre? Feyre look at me," he asked but I didn't look up, his foot tapping on his floor. He reached a hand to take my chin, in attempt to lift my face to look at him but the moment his long fingers touch my skin, he pulled them back, cursing under his breath. I pulled away to, surprised by his reaction. My eyes fell upon his hands, which were badly burnt and to my greater surprise, the burns were healing. Holding onto his hand for a little longer, before straightening his back and squaring his shoulders.

"Don't take it off, ever," he snapped before quickly leaving the room, leaving me standing there, holding the pendant in my hands.

********

So here is the first one, I actually wrote this one when I finished the first book, so I still sort of had a thing for Tamlin. And if you've read the second one, you know why I....well don't anymore lol.