4- Brother

"Feyre darling," Rhysand appeared suddenly next to me, nearly making me jump out of my skin, a small chuckle fell from his lips.

"You aren't supposed to be here Rhysand, Tamlin won't be pleased," I hissed, quickening my pace although I knew it wouldn't make a difference.

"And where is your darling brother?" it was a dangerous question.

"What do you want?" I barked.

"Can't I just come and visit my favourite mortal," he asked smoothly, winnowing in front of me causing me to collide straight into his solid torso. He grabbed my chin and tilted my head to look at him, he opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off by stomping hard on his foot, my mortal strength probably didn't cause any damage but the surprise of the action made him let go of my face I took advantage of this and moved out of his step. I barely took three steps, before he grabbed me hard on the wrists. A hollow pain shot up my arm and a cry fell from my mouth before I could stop it. Rhysand looked me up and down, confused.

"I didn't grab you that hard," it sounded more like a question that a statement.

"Yeah...right sorry, you just surprised me," I muttered, panic setting in my face. Rhysand eyes flickered from my face and then my wrists, which were still in his hands. Before I could react, he pulled my sleeves up in such anger that my jacket ripped. The look in his eyes made me turn away, I had never seen such anger and hatred. The wind licked my blue and black wrists, I winced at the sight of them. They were worse than this morning.

I cursed myself for not wrapping them up.

"Who did this to you?" the question was laced with venom. I was suddenly scared. I managed to break free of his grasp, I walked quickly away, not for from a run, but Rhysand matched my pace with mocking ease.

"Feyre who did...that to you?" the words burnt his mouth.

"Leave it, I'm fine," I hissed but he wasn't going to let this go.

"Was it one of my men?"

"No," it was a question he knew the answer to.

"Was it Lucien?" he asked, a breath hitched in my chest, I glared at Rhysand.

"Of course, not! Lucien would never hurt me. Rhysand please just leave it! I can handle it," I hissed again, Rhysand stopped following me, a pause of painful silence.

"It was Tamlin wasn't it," a deadly growl followed, he was struggling to contain his anger. I stopped, turning my head only slightly towards him.

"Rhysand, please. You can't get involved this time. I don't want you to, I can handle him," I pleaded, I felt tears threaten my eyes.

"Clearly," Rhysand laughed, although there was no humour in his voice. I snapped around to face him properly.

"Tamlin went through a lot Under the Mountain, he is trying to heal,"

"We all are Feyre, everyone is trying to piece their life back together. I was under there years more than Tamlin was and I don't go around beating people I care about!" Rhysand's voice was raw, his eyes on fire. A single tear rolled down my check, I turned away from him and began to walk away.

"You aren't seriously going back to him," Rhysand shouted, his voice booming across the fields.

"I have nowhere else to go," I screamed, I couldn't stop the tear from rolling down my face, "don't you think I would have left already if I could!" a pause of silence. Something flickered in Rhysand's eyes.

"Come to the Night Court. Come and live with me, I can protect from him," he said in a whisper, although his words were screaming in my ears. A hand outstretched, twitching for my touch.