•Chapter Thirteen•

It was 4 a.m. Scarlet had already woken up and she was just staring at the wall in front of her. There was something off about her.

She felt empty.

All of a sudden everything had came back to her.
Her mothers death.
The time she was bullied.
The time she was abused.
Rejections.
Lies.
Rage.
Pain.
Murder.
All the things she had to go through. All the things she did. There was no way she could ever forget all that. It was haunting her.

She was empty.

She silently stood up, got dressed and began heading towards her door. After exiting her she saw Shiro. Sleeping peacefully on her couch. He was the only one who never left her. He was the one who cared for her.

She didn't deserve him.

It was still dark outside but it didn't bother her. She ran as fast as she could to the forest she loved so much.

Why?

When she reached the forest she stopped and looked  behind her. Was she scared of something? No.
Was she waiting for something? No.
Was she trying to stop herself? Yes.
Was she going to do something regretfull? Yes.
Was it going to hurt someone? Yes.
Was it for the best?
...
Was it?
...
Yes.

She ran into the forest and now not even looking back. She ran as fast as she could. It was just her now. Where was she going?
...
The time was passing fast. The sun was already going up.. She was still running.. She didn't even stop for a second. But was she tired? Yes.
After hours of running she finally reached the place. It was a small mountain which was all covered in grass and beautiful, little flowers. She got on top of the mountain  and sat down. Staring at the clear sky. Watching the sunrise.
Her last sunrise.

At this time Shiro had already woken up and already noticed that Scarlet had gone missing. That was normal for her to leave the house early for morning walks but this time it was different. He felt it. Of course he went searching for her in the forest because that's where she usually goes.. That was the only place she could be.
Shiro was a lot faster than her and also he could smell her sweet scent which made it so much easier for him to find her...
When he finally reached the mountain he calmed down. Everything had to be okay. So quiet.. So peaceful..
But it really wasn't.
He was smiling and slowly got on top of the mountain. But his smile faded away quickly..
Scarlet.
His best friend.
His love.
His life
Was lying in the grass.. Paler than ever.. Covered in blood..
Her body parts covered in blood.
She wasn't whole anymore..
Literally.
Shiro fell to the ground not being able to accept what he had just seen. He was terrified.
He couldn't think anymore.
The time completely stopped. He couldn't hear a thing. He couldn't say a thing. He couldn't move. Everything was going dark. He had never felt so weak ever in his whole life.
Had he lost everything?
Yes.
There was nothing he could do.

Except for one thing...

He stood up slowly and somehow managed to get to her. He took her blood stained knife and cut his throat not even thinking about anything. His body fell to the ground right next to her lifeless body parts...
Every image of her flashed in his mind.. Which made it even more painful.. But the pain didn't last long. He was gone now.

They were gone.

Could they be saved? No.
Was this the end? Yes.

She never got the chance to fix her mistakes.
He never got the chance to save her.

But at the end..  There's one question left..

Did they ever even meet on the other side?
...
...
...
I don't think so.