Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Prince Nixon Edington

The plane had taken off from the Island about five hours ago. We made a pit stop at one of our territories located near the coast of California. From there, it was straight to the city where the rogues were at.

Most of the men from the guard were excited. Out of the ten, only two of them had ever visited the human world.

It was amusing to watch their expressions when we started descending, and the city and people were coming more into view.

“They look exactly like us,” one of the men said. I raised an eyebrow at him, wondering what exactly he expected them to look like. We had been trained to deal with humans, not only in the Academy when becoming part of the guard, but in school as well.

“What did you expect, you idiot?” One of the other men asked, scowling at the man who had made the previous comment.

I just stared at the pair, and started to get up when the captain announced the doors were opening. The private plane had landed near the airport, but we were still ways back from it.

My father and I had been aware that the Rogues weren’t expecting us, but we wanted to make it more of a surprise. Information could have gotten to them that an unknown plane had landed in the airport. Having them not know of us being in their home would give us the advantage.

Three black SUVs were ready to take us to the home I had rented for the duration of the trip, which I was hoping would be only a week, maybe two.

The Mansion I rented was much less than what I was used to at home. The Palace blew this place away any day, but I wasn’t expecting any more from the humans. Even when it came to building houses they lacked creativity.

I settled for the master bedroom and allowed the men to pick out the room they would occupy. In order to make the trip easier, we would all be equals. I was still their prince, and leader of this mission- but I didn’t want any special treatment while we were away from The Island.

“What will the plan be?” Mark, my second in command for the trip, asked.

“I have the address of Craven Bonham and Zander Thomas. All the other information, we will have to gather,” I replied, looking around at the other nine men in the room.

“Should we make a schedule to start a steak out and also count heads of the Rogue followers that we can?” Robert asked, looking ready for any of my orders.

It was the reason I had chosen this team. Despite only two of them being introduced to humans- they were all capable, strong, and ready to follow orders.

“Robert, you pick two men to accompany you. Two days from now we have to know their whereabouts at all times, and whether or not they stick to routines.”

“Yes, your majesty,” Robert replied, taking notes and preparing a plan.

“I want to be in the human world no more than two weeks. The Rogues have more men than the team we brought, but we are counting with the element of surprise. It should give us an edge,” I said to them.

It was late at night when we finished planning. I wasn’t expecting it to be a difficult mission, but I didn’t want to be caught off guard. Expecting that it would be easy to come and snatch the Rogues wouldn’t be helpful to anyone.