Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Nixon Edington

“My prince,” Harry was the first to say.

I looked at him with a frown, trying to get him to not say anything else.

“Prince?” Miranda said, with a questioning tone.

‘Don’t say anything, I’ll explain later,’ I said to my men, through our mind link.

Miranda started laughing, and she turned to look at me with a raised eyebrow.

“No wonder you expected me to pull out a red carpet for you. You actually do have goons following you around like if you were royalty,” she said, crossing her arms.

All of the men stared at me incredulously. I was just waiting for the chance to get her away from them. I wasn’t fearful of any of my men, but if they found out Miranda was indeed Craven’s daughter, they would call my father to tell him.

There was no way I would jeopardize my mate’s life.

“Should we…” Harry started to say, and let the sentence hang- more than likely waiting for me to give an order.

“Rest. We have a big day tomorrow. She’s coming with me. Don’t knock on my door unless it’s absolutely necessary,” I ordered.

Some of them gave me grins, assuming I had picked up Miranda for fun.

They couldn’t have been more wrong.

Even if I wanted to mate with Miranda- which my Wolf and I were dying to do- she would never allow it.

All of them nodded their head, and some said ‘goodnight’, as I dragged Miranda with me upstairs.

She was making it difficult to walk. Not only was she putting up restraint, I felt her trying to run away. If it wasn’t for my arm that was safely wrapped around her waist, she would’ve created a scene in front of the men.

“Who were those guys?” She asked me, when we were about to reach my room.

“They are people you are not allowed to speak to,” I replied.

Once I had her safely in the room, I shut and locked the door.

I needed to find a place to keep her in. Now that we were in my room, I felt unsure about having my mate in a house full of men.

“Are they part of my kidnappers?” She asked. Now, she spoke casually about getting kidnapped.

A smile formed on my face. Perhaps she was starting to feel the bond.

“Why are you looking at me like I’m your next meal?”

Her question automatically made me frown. She was so disrespectful. I was her mate and her prince.

“I don’t appreciate your tone,” I scolded her, resuming my frown.

“I don’t appreciate your face,” she replied, walking to take a seat on my bed.

Her comment was childish. She was childish.

But the moment she sat down in the bed, any other thoughts vanished. I could only think of all the things I wanted to do to her in that bed.

I wasn’t sure if she caught on to what I was thinking because she awkwardly started getting up from the bed.

“That’s right, you’re kidnapping me. I’m probably sleeping in some stinky, dirty room in a basement or something,” she said, sounding disappointed.