Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Nixon Edington

I had just finished getting the new cell phone. I still needed to take care of plenty of things before going back to the mansion. I had only been there briefly, after dropping off Miranda at her apartment. I needed a relief, and a change of clothes.

I was having a formal meeting with the men later in the day, and then spending the rest of it with Miranda. It wasn’t really hard to make Miranda my priority, which is why I’d made haste in getting the new phone.

There wasn’t a mind link between us yet, and that was bothering me. I needed to be able to access her mind. It would make my life easier, and my Wolf would calm down.

I had worried that any of the men would call my cell phone, and Miranda would answer because she now owned it.

As soon as that thought crossed my mind, I let men know through the mind link about the new phone, the number, and I got updated with what was going on.

No one was at the mansion at the moment. All of the men were out, taking care of what they were in charge of doing.

So far things were going as planned. In a way, I was looking forward to completing what we came to do here. But I didn’t want to rush things. I needed to get Miranda on my side first and that didn’t seem like an easy task.

The more I learned from her family and those other Rogues, the more unsettled my Wolf felt.

The Rogues had created two packs. Craven was the leader of the biggest one, and Zander of all the others. It had me angry, but I couldn’t do anything about it yet.

The updates I had received weren’t detailed, and I needed to catch up with the news. It wouldn’t be of help to be running around uninformed. I was thinking of going home, making our next plan, and then going with Miranda.

I had just seen her about an hour ago, and it already felt like a lifetime. My Wolf agreed with me, pestering me to hurry things up so that we could go with our mate.

Thinking about her brought memories of earlier when I’d left her in the apartment complex.

I looked around for the phone on the empty passenger seat, until I found it. The number of my previous phone- which now belonged to Miranda- came to me automatically. Partly, it was because I had a great memory, but it mainly was because I knew that Miranda would be the one I’d be talking to.

The phone rang five times, and I was about to hang up when someone picked it up.

“Yellow,” a man’s deep voice said through the phone.

“Who is this?” I asked, thinking I had dialed the wrong number.

“Hey buddy, you’re the one calling,” he said, and even chuckled.

I felt anger rising within me, and my Wolf was surfacing. I didn’t like or appreciate anyone disrespecting me, whether human or Wolf.

“You’re the one with the phone that doesn’t belong to you,” I growled into the phone. I needed to pull to the side, in case my Wolf did take over. But, I couldn’t. The only thought running through my head was that I had to get to her. I had to see Miranda, and make sure she was safe- and away from any male.

“Why is a man answering my phone? Where is Mi-” I stared to say, but was caught off by him.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa- you are the one calling here. Tone it down boy, because you aren’t going to get answers with the way you’re talking to me. Now don’t call here again, because if you do, I’m going to find you and you will regret this,” he threated.