The Aftershock

(aftershock falls au anyone?)

Behind the glasses and the tired smile, William C.Phur was not an ordinary kid - much to his dismay. Thankfully, no-one at his new school in Piedmont could see through his 'normal child, without issues' façade. The two exceptions being Dipper Pines and his twin sister, Mabel. 

William and 'Pines', as he liked to call him (despite the brunette's protests), got on together like two peas in a pod. Their friendship started when the usually empty seat by Dipper in his History lesson was finally filled by the new student; the boy wouldn't have taken any notice of the blonde, if it had not been for his surprising knowledge of past events and his ability to hold an intellectual conversation. 

This thrilled Dipper, who's only companion at school since birth was his twin sister - which, in all honesty, didn't help the teasing from other kids, especially when his sister was the dictionary definition of a social butterfly.

On the other hand, just as much as Dipper was ecstatic, Mabel was furious. How dare a boy steal her twin away from her? The bubbly girl was used to helping Dipper make all these new connections, and then her twin shows up out of the blue introducing his 'new friend'? Mabel didn't approve of it one bit. Consequently, William bore the brunt of Mabel's anger, which was fine by him, he didn't like his friend's 'arrogant and stuck-up' twin, anyway. Not that he would say that to the kid, of course. 

How would you even start that conversation: 'Hey Pines, sorry to bother you, but I think your sister is a twat' ? William didn't think so.

Even with the arguments with the taller twin, and the occasional walking through walls, William C.Phur knew he could rely on Dipper Pines to cover for him and his 'unordinary' behaviour.