The Corpse Groom

(this au is good for the soul)

After that day, Dipper Pines wasn't confident that he was ever going to marry; he knew for certain that he wouldn't be allowed back in the church.

"Young man, learn your place!"

The scene just kept playing in his mind, like on a broken record; the man could still beat the audible gas, he could still feel the stares scattered across the rooms. All trying to find anything but the awkward, lanky man to concentrate on.

Soon, the sound of leaves crackling replaced the phantom sound of the horrified audience - Dipper had found himself in the forest, again.

Each fallen log reminded him of the pews he passed, just before he refused his suitor's hand in marriage. No way was he going to marry the little platinum blonde brat: Gideon.

"I simply said 'I don't'. Why is that such a big of a deal, especially with that only being the practice? What is the purpose of asking a question with more than one answer, if you are just going to refuse one of the answers anyway?" The brunette ran a hand through his messy curls as he voiced his concerns to a tall, nearby tree.

"It would be so much easier if you could just say the vows, or refuse to say them, and then leave.

'With this hand,

I will lift your sorrows.

Your cup will never empty,

For I will be your wine.

With this candle,

I will light your way in darkness.

With this ring,

I ask you to be mine.'

See, wasn't that easy?"

Dipper chuckled as he placed the ring, now slightly warm from the man's palm, on a smaller branch. An eerie silence fell upon the forest, the only noise being the rustling of leaves flying around the man's feet. Looking around at the lost state he was in, Dipper decided that it was finally time to head back. That was, if the brunette could find somewhere he recognised.

Full of trepidation and anxiety, Dipper Pines did not notice anyone quietly watching him.

"Well, normally, I'm the dominant guy!" A hearty laugh sounded out amongst the trees and the earthy floor beneath the lanky man shook.

"So," The voice's owner emerged from the dirt and leaves, wearing a dapper suit. Or, at least, what was left of one.

Dipper's eyes caught sight of the ring he had previously been holding, now on the finger of this devilishly attractive male. As the other male pulled another ring out of the worn blazer pocket, he turned to the shocked brunette and smirked "I'll only be yours forever if you will be mine first, forever and ever." Normally, Dipper would be flattered and possibly flustered compared to the other male, he barely reached his chest! Then, this abnormally tall blonde, who did not seem to be out for his intelligence or wealth, was asking for his hand in marriage! However, this time, Dipper only paled. Sure, the strange and handsome man was a true beauty, but he was dead. White bones stuck out from his tanned skin, and made up for his obvious lack of limbs.The man must be dead. A mere illusion. As the blonde crept impossibly closer, picking Dipper up by the waist and holding him up higher and closer to his rock-hard chest, Dipper -now at the a similar height as the male- could see pearly, white teeth sharpened to look like a row of carnivorous fangs. How was this man not lying in a grave? Dipper's brunet locks were pulled into the area where the other male's heart would be, only to find that he did not have a pulse. How was this dead man going to keep his promise to live with him forever? The man's lavender-coloured eyes hungrily looked over Dipper as he carried him to the hole where he had appeared from. "My love, my treasure," He purred, gently stroking the shocked boy's face with his bony hand. "There's no escaping; you will be mine forever!"

The only sounds that could be heard in the forest was a terrified scream, muffled only by the sound of the ground mending itself and leaving no evidence of where the males left. 

Dipper Pines had been missing ever since.

That was, to everyone except Bill.