IX [EDITED]

Not long after, John enters the library pushed by none other than our beloved vice-principal, Dick Vernon. Please note the sarcasm.

"Get your stuff! Let's go!" Vernon exclaimed angrily. "Mr. Wiseguy here has taken it upon himself to go to the gymnasium. I'm sorry to inform you, you're going to be without his services for the rest of the day," he added, speaking to all of us.

"B-O-O H-O-O!" spelled John.

"What the fuck, Dick?! We're already in detention, where will he go?!" I yelled, getting up.

"It's all good, Jazzie, don't worry." Bender murmured, placing an arm around my waist, making me sit on his lap once he was seated too.

I tried to stay calm, but with the effect that he has on me and knowing he's in trouble really make me struggle with the whole thing.

"Everything's a big joke, huh, Bender?" questioned Vernon before continue talking. "The false alarm you pulled, Friday, false alarms are really funny, aren't they..."

"That's kinda true, Mr. Vernon, false alarms are really funny," I said, only to get ignored.

"What if your home... no, what if your family..." he stopped, trying to find a thing that would matter to the criminal. "What if your dope was on fire?"

"Impossible," he replied simply.

"Yeah, it's in my underwear," I added in a small innocent voice, making Andrew laugh.

"You think they're funny? Do you think their little act is cute? You think they're bitchin', is that it?" the vice-principal spat at Andrew. "Let me tell you something. Look at him, he's a bum. And her? She's maybe the biggest slut you'll ever meet!"

I swallowed hard, trying to not let it show that I'm hurt by his words and throw a little come back. "Well, he already knows that about me."

Andrew shot me a small glance, almost like he felt bad for me, before turning back to Vernon.

Rich gave me a warning look before speaking to the rest of the small group about me and the 'bum'. "You wanna see something funny? You go visit those two in five years! You'll see how goddamned funny they are!"

At this point, I was finding it hard to hide my true feelings and Vernon clearly saw that. "What's the matter, Little Jazzie? You gonna cry? You do that while your stupid ass boyfriend comes with me!"

Dick pushed me on the floor and grabbed John's shoulder.

"Hey, you keep your fucking hands off me and Jazmine! I expect better manners from you, Dick!" exclaimed Bender as he frees himself from the asshole's grip.

I sat on a chair while Bender gave his sunglasses to Andrew, murmuring something to him that I don't understand.

He left the library with Rich, but not before pushing stuff over on the way. He gave me one last look before following the vice-principal out of the library.

"You happy now, Sporto?" I questioned with a hard look on my face.

"Jazz..." he sighed.

"No, save it, I know you don't care."