Count Hemmings

The metallic stench of blood could be smelt across the whole corridor. Many other people were rushing along, probably heading to the dining room just like Calum and Ashton were. Ashton felt dizzy at the smell, leaning onto the wall to steady himself while walking.

Entering the dining hall, Ashton first noticed how there were no tables, just queues apon queues of people. "Look how many people there are, so many to feed, with so little blood. Such a shame," Calum commented. Ashton watched a young girl feeding at the front of the one of the queues, standing on her toes to reach the straw above her head. The girl's cheeks flushed a bright scarlet on her porcelain skin, releasing the straw in satisfaction. The next vampire did the same, then the next, and the next.

The young boy could see Luke walk into the dining room, followed by Michael. Ashton mentally noted that he should start calling them Count Hemmings and Count Clifford from now on. The room went quiet, everyone making way for the two men to walk. Count Hemmings plastered a sly smirk on his face when he saw Ashton. He obviously wanted to see how I react to the taste of the liquid these people seemed to worship.

After a couple of minutes listening to Calum talk about his shoe size, the two boys were now at the front of the queue. Ashton gulped, knowing a lot of eyes were looking at him. Calum chugged at the blood, licking his lips happily. It was now Ashton's turn. The young boy watched Calum skip to the exit of the dining room, before positioning his mouth under the straw. The machine seemed to automatically sense the movement, because a liquid was immediately trailing into his mouth, making his tongue cold. He waited until the machine stopped pouring blood into his mouth before swallowing the mixture of bile and blood that had formed. For a strange reason, he felt full. He felt energized since he had waken up and been bitten.

I walked across towards the same exit Calum had taken, but then froze, realizing that I did not know the way to the room. I then felt a pair of large hands grasping my shoulders, and then relaxed when he realized it was Count Hemmings. "How was it?" He asked, amused.

"It was okay," I mumbled, not knowing what to say.

"Just okay? I should of told them to feed you human blood first. Wait until you try human blood, that stuff is pure bliss," He spoke, licking his lips in delight at the thought. "Anyway, I should probably show you your room again, that bastard ran off without you," He added, before walking up the steps, showing me to the familiar blue door.