(the long awaited) Chapter 9: Sandwich

JOHN POV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been nearly half a year since the ship had taken off from our mistaken landing. Jade manned the ship like a true ship captain, Karkat liked to sit up there with her and talk sometimes so she wasn't alone. Rose and Kanaya were always together, in fact everyone would always find it odd if they weren't connected at the hip and in the library. Terezi and Dave hung out every other day at most, and the others mostly slept and moped.
Dave and I are like Rose and Kanaya in the sense that we were connected at the hip, but we usually sat in Dave's room and talked for hours (in between us making out of course)
I sat on the bed, my head leaned up against thre headboard with a book in my hands. Dave hung off the side of the bed.
"Do you know how much longer we have till we're there?"
Dave asked quietly, his voice groggy almost like he just woke up.
"Around 7 more months maybe."
I reply softly, My eyes scan across the pages swiftly.
I think back to a song my dad had taught me years and years ago on the piano and play the invisible keys against the bed sheets.
"John?"
I look up to see Dave looking at me confused, his shades hanging carelessly on the bridge of his nose.
"Yes? Sorry I wasn't paying attention."
I say softly again, I smile a bit
"I said, do you want to go get food or something you eggplant."
Dave laughs slightly to himself, and I laugh with.
"Yeah come on."
We both get up from our spots, the bed creaking from our sudden mobility; We walk from the room and out toward the kitchen. Of course our hands were already tangled together which was Dave's handy work. (pun intended)
Come to think of it we've been 'dating' for almost half a year and i haven't made one move on him since our first kiss. It was always him.
That thought spoke volumes to me, it scared me almost.
"What do you want to eat?"
Dave looks to me again, confused, we we're already in the kitchen. I must have zoned out again.
"Are you alright John? Anything on your mind?"
I give a soft smile
"Yeah, I'm okay. Nothing important."
Dave smiled back, taking his shades off. His gorgeous scarlet eyes staring back into mine.
"Don't lie to me."
Dave had the most serious face on, it startled me.
My heart skips a beat.
"I think I'm in love with you."
I look away for a second before looking back at him. He has the dumbest, biggest smile plastered on his smug freckled face.
"I'm in love with you too, Egbert. Now do you want a sandwich or are you just gonna stand there like a weirdo."
I smile
"Sandwich please."