eine

"but sir, i'm not-" josh was cut off. "josh, i'm sorry, but if people start questioning us and our authority, than the people, god, who knows what they'll do." chief said, staring josh down.

  "but I'm not-not a hothead!" josh's voice was very close to yelling. "joshua! stop yelling." chief hissed, than proceeded to pinch the bridge of his nose. "you're fired, josh. even if these rumours of you being a hothead are false-"
"but they are false!" josh quickly looked down as chief looked ready to pick up his gun and shoot him.

"don't interrupt me, dun." he warned, than continued. "now get out." josh, knowing the conversation was over, nodded his head and started to get ready to leave the department.

- • -

"josh? why're you here? you usually come after work, not midday." tyler said, wrapping up some flowers. "i just got fired. rumour says i'm a hothead." josh grumbled, looking at the flowers around the shop. they seemed to change every day.

"well, is it true?" josh looked up. "is what true?" tyler gingerly laid down the flowers onto the counter. "that you're a hothead, is it true?" josh shook his head. "hell no! i don't even know how the rumour started." josh let out a sigh, and returned his gaze to the flowers.

"hm. well, are you buying any flowers today?" tyler asked, leaning on the counter. "yeah. uh, a bouquet of..." josh paused, than turned to look at tyler.

"the usual? gladiolus?" josh nodded. "yeah." tyler nodded and walked out from behind the counter and went to find where the gladiolus were.

"how much will it be this time?" josh asked, walking to the counter to wait. "well, just this one time, it's free." tyler said from wherever he was in the shop.

"thanks." josh smiled at tyler, who appeared from behind a small wall of flowers. "no problem. just for you though, josh." tyler smiled back as he started to wrap the flowers together.

"any idea of what you're going to do now, josh?" tyler asked as he wrapped the flowers. "no idea." josh exhaled, suddenly feeling exhausted. "well, if you need a job i'm hiring." josh smiled. "thanks, but i don't... really think working in such a beautiful place is for me." josh worried that his choice of words would offend tyler.

"it's okay, i get it. you prefer more... action filled jobs?" josh nodded. "yeah. but thanks for the offer, tyler." tyler smiled and finished up wrapping the flowers.

"may i ask why you've been buying these flowers once or twice a week?" tyler asked, handing the bouquet to josh. "maybe one day, but today's been rough." tyler nodded. "alright. well, take care, josh." tyler smiled and waved as josh picked up the bouquet and headed to the door.

"you too, tyler." josh waved back, and opened the door, making the bell ding. tyler leaned back on the counter, watching josh walk out of the shop. "now, which flower needs watering...?" tyler whispered to himself, standing upright and walking around the small shop.

— • —

josh stood in front of a white cross, in a field of many. kneeling down, he placed the flowers he bought from tyler's shop in front of it. "your brother really misses you." josh said, standing back up again.

"we all miss you, mikey." josh put his hands in his pockets. "gerard hasn't been sober since the flag was handed to him." josh felt a lump grow in his throat as he remembered how many times he had to drag gerard back to his house.

"i just got fired, the rumours of me being a hothead got too big." josh paused. "you stupid idiot, why'd you... you..." josh reached up to his face, wiping away the tears that started to fall.

"look at me, a mess as always, mikey." josh laughed, not bothering to hold back his tears. josh, with nothing more to say, wiped his eyes and turned around to leave.

- - -

Hey new fanfic, are you all excited? I really am.
What a hothead is will be explained in future chapters, and how and why mikey died will also be explained in future chapters, and yeah.

So what did you guys think for the first chapter? Tbh, in my opinion, I'm pretty proud of this chapter.

Well, Hope you liked it too.

And I'm off to writing again.