fünf

"what? you mean, they're... hotheads?" brendon said, whispering the last word. josh nodded. "yeah, well, pete is. i'm not sure about tyler, but i saw pete use his powers."

brendon leaned back in his chair. "what do we do?" josh asked, panic in his eyes. "hand them in?" brendon suggested with a shrug. josh shook his head. "okay, but what about tyler...?" josh asked, voice trailing. "tyler-? wait, don't tell me you got attached to tyler!" brendon was very close to yelling.

"n-no, it's just..." josh didn't have an excuse. "josh, have you forgotten what they did? what they did to you and me?" brendon hissed, leaning closer to josh.

"no, of course not!" josh said, anger clear in his voice. "don't you ever forget, josh." brendon warned, eyes piercing into josh's. "how could i?" josh whispered, looking down. "now, are we going to turn them both in or not, josh?" brendon said, voice low and threatening.

josh hesitated for a moment before replying. "let's hand them in." josh said, looking up at brendon. for a moment there, josh thought he could see a small grin on brendon's face.

"good. now i'll call the police, and you give me the location of the shop tyler owns." brendon said, getting out his phone.

did i ever tell brendon that it was a shop? a shop that tyler owns? josh asked himself, but those thoughts were soon forgotten as he told brendon where the shop was.

"great, thank you josh. okay, you head there and i'll be there with the cops. thanks for telling me this, josh." brendon smiled, and started to get up. brendon said something that josh didn't hear. "what was that?" josh asked, getting up as well.

"nothing you need to worry about." brendon replied, hugging josh. "good thing we're at my place." brendon said, letting go of josh. "yeah." josh nodded.

brendon's place closer to tyler's shop than josh was, so it would be a shorter drive for him. which josh didn't know if it was good or bad.

"well, i'll get going to tyler's shop." josh said, putting on his coat and heading to the door. "okay. see you there, josh." brendon smiled, but something was... off about brendon's smile this time.

"uh, okay." josh quickly said, and out the door he went.

after he walked out the front door, he shivered. shaking it off, he headed to his car and got in.

starting the engine, he pulled out of the driveway and started to drive to tyler's shop. all throughout the drive, guilt lingered in his mind. was this really the right thing to do?

- • -

josh walked into the shop, causing the bell to ring and making tyler look up from the flowers he was tying together.

"josh, hey." tyler smiled, making josh more guilty. "what's wrong? josh?" tyler asked as josh stood there, in front of the front door.

"w-where's pete, tyler?" josh asked, his panic increasing as he stuttered. "pete?" josh nodded. "where is he, tyler?" josh said, voice forced. "josh, listen to me, whatever you did you still have time-" tyler walked towards josh, but was interrupted.

"no! tyler, i can't. pete's a hothead, and you might be one too." tyler stopped in his tracks, a few feet away from josh. "josh, calm down." tyler talked to josh as if he had a bomb strapped to his chest; which he felt like he did.