zwei

"the infamous serial arsonist has made an appearance again; this time by setting fire to a pub- luckily no one has died, but several people have been injured." josh shook his head as he switched the channel to something other than news. standing up from the couch, josh made his way to the kitchen.

"job... job, gotta find a job." josh sang to himself, as he made himself instant noodles.

once they were made, josh set it down on the table. sitting down in the chair, josh began eating and turned the channel back to the news to see if the news had any other news that wasn't about hotheads.

"if you see or find any hotheads, please report it right away before they can do any harm. this is just a safety precaution, and it can save someone's life. just-"

josh turned off the tv, sighing.  "hotheads could all disappear for all i care." josh said, now angrily eating his noddles.

-  •  -

"so, have you found a job yet?" asked tyler, watering the flowers around the shop. "no, not yet." josh sat on the chair behind the counter, looking at tyler.

"hey, how did you get that?" tyler stopped watering the flowers and turned around to look at josh. "get what?" josh pointed to his ear. "your ear looks burnt, what happened?" josh asked, concerned. "don't worry about it, josh. i'm fine." tyler brushed it off and went back to watering the plants.

"that's not an explanation, but okay." josh said, but didn't bother to continue the conversation as he saw that tyler wouldn't talk.

"did you hear of the pub?" josh asked, and noticed when tyler noticeably stiffened. "yeah, why do you ask?" josh stated at tyler. "the pub got set on fire by one of those...those lowlife's!"

tyler turned around, shocked at how angry josh sounded. "you really hate them that much?" josh nodded, gritting his teeth. "of course! they have powers, yet all they do with them is destroy!"

tyler said something that surprised josh. "but what if it's a need, a obsession to set things on fire? it's not as if they asked for their powers." tyler immediately regretted his words once he saw the expression josh made.

"are you defending the swines?" josh asked, voice dangerously low. "n-no, I just like looking at things with... with a different perspective sometimes, that's all." tyler said, looking back at the flowers.

josh, finished with the conversation, said something off topic. "tyler, i think those flowers had enough water. you might've killed them." tyler gasped, and stopped watering the drowned plant.

"schlampe, tut mir leid." josh raised an eyebrow, confused. "sorry, i know different languages and i have a habit of cursing in them." josh nodded. "what did you say than?" tyler turned around to look at josh and put a finger to his lips.

"that's a secret for another day." josh smiled at tyler when the boy put his finger to his lips with a smirk. "i want to know now, though." tyler shook his head at josh's whine. "i know, that's why i'm not telling you."

"look here you rascal-" josh angrily pointed at tyler, eyes glaring and trying to keep an angry expression, albeit his lip turned slightly up in a smile.

"schüttelte!" tyler laughed, walking to different flowers to water those. josh cracked up and laughed alongside tyler, and in that moment they felt like they were the two only humans on earth, with no such thing as hotheads and idiots.

— • —

"so i know german, french, and polish." tyler told josh, who now sat on a small, old and wobbly stool. "really? how about english?" tyler laughed. "j'ai pas anglais, josh." josh, with no understanding of what tyler just said, just pretended to understand and laughed alongside tyler.

suddenly, josh's phone started to ring. "one second, sorry." tyler nodded. "dalej."

getting up, josh walked towards the door and answered the call and put the phone to his ear. "gerard? what's wrong?" josh asked, leaning on the wall besides him.

"josssshhhh, my man." josh let out a loud sigh, earning him a concerned look from tyler. "dude, imma have such a wicked hangover tomorrow." gerard slurred.

"yeah, you are. where are you? i'll pick you up." josh asked, pinching the bridge of his nose. who got this drunk in the middle of the day? oh, that's right, gerard can-do-anything way.

"i'm...i'm... pukin-" gerard was interrupted as josh heard what he thinks is puking- wait, that was definitely puking.

"just... where do you think you are?" josh asked again. "i'm at... oh heeeeyyy! the pub that pyro or whatever the hell they're called set on fire! dude, there's so much yellow tape here..."

"don't you dare..." josh warned, turning to tyler, quickly waving and mouthing a goodbye. running outside, he got into his car.
"i choose dare." gerard said, and than the sound of him hanging up made josh angrily start he car and drive, just outside speed limit, to where the burned pub was.

"just one day, that's all i ask." josh mumbled.

"red light?" josh yelled to himself, seeing the light turn red right when he was there. "nope!" josh hit it, and drove past the red light. "just hope that there are no cops..." josh mumbled as he saw another angry driver flip him off.

- • -

gerard was right, there was a lot of yellow tape. and police. "sir, you can't-" josh cut off the officer, impatient. "gerard? have you seen a drunk pass by?" josh looked around, but didn't see the familiar red hair of gerard.

"uh, yeah. someone just escorted him to the station-" once again, josh cut him off. "okay, thanks." josh spun around and ran to his car, and started it. "gerard...." josh exhaled, shaking his head than started to drive to the police station.

josh knew that it would be a very uncomfortable visit, since he just got fired yesterday. who returns to their job a day after they got fired because of rumours that haven't been proved wrong or true? that's right, joshua william dun.

- - -

Wow, two updates within a day!

That's a lot, haha, for me. I'm loving this story, and I hope you are too.
I'm probably going to update this again sometime next week, or this weekend if I stop worrying too much.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-- •- •-• •• •