drei

tyler's p.o.v

"tyler, you still work here?" tyler turned around to see pete. "yeah, why wouldn't i be?" tyler said, looking back to the flowers.

"well, because i thought that you would've burned this whole place by now." pete walked over to tyler to see what he was doing. "i would never burn this place down." tyler said, shaking his head.

"and why not? they're worthless, i mean they'll die anyways." pete shrugged. "yeah, but they're beautiful when they are alive, and they have different meanings to everyone." tyler pointed out, and continued to look through the flowers, making sure they're all okay.

"you and your deep meanings, man." pete smiled, shaking his head. "isn't life all about deep meanings?" pete walked to the counter and leaned on it. "no, i think it's about having fun!" pete said, shrugging.

"people have different views." tyler smiled, walking up to the counter. "so why are you here? i thought i made it clear i was done with your group or whatever." pete grinned.

"you've been making a ruckus lately, tyler, and we're concerned that we'll be found out." tyler looked at pete. "what? you think i'm doing this?" pete nodded his head, a confused look on his face now.

"if not you, than who?" pete asked, to which Tyler just shook his head. "i don't know. i met them, but never saw their face." tyler said, avoiding pete's gaze.

"well, this problem just got even bigger if that's the case..." pete looked away, hands on hips.

"well, it's time for me to go. gotta tell boss." tyler raised an eyebrow. "boss?" pete nodded, a smile on his face as he walked to the door. "you've been gone for longer than you thought, tyler joseph."

pete turned around and opened the door, causing the little bell above it to ring. "oh, and because of this new person, tyler, it's time to say goodbye to the life you built here. on the side note, happy birthday."

before tyler could say anything, pete was out the door and off to, well, tyler didn't know.

"thank you. and i know, pete, i know." tyler sighed, sitting on the stool behind the counter. "no matter how much i deny it." tyler rested his head on his hands, eyes distant.

- • -

the sound of the bell ringing made tyler look up, to see a familiar face, and red hair.

"josh? what happened that made you up and leave?" josh sat on the old stool that tyler kept near the flowers. "my friend's been going through some things, and he called me for some help." josh exhaled heavily, and tyler realized just how tired he looked, emotionally and physically.

"oh. may i ask what type of stuff?" tyler asked, afraid he might've asked something too personal.

"my friend's brother died about three years ago, and he has had a hard time dealing." josh said, running a hand through his hair. "three years ago? his brother served-?" tyler stopped speaking mid-sentence as he saw the pained look on josh's face.

"i'm sorry." tyler apologized, looking down at his hands. "it's okay, it's just still hard for me, you know?" tyler looked up. "is it okay if i just go on a rant for a moment?" josh asked. tyler nodded.

"gerard goes around getting drunk, doing whatever he wants ever since mikey died. i get that, but for three years? and calling me every time he needs help? doesn't he realize that i'm human too, and i am still hurting, and i need time to heal too?"

josh's voice was close to yelling, and his voice cracked at the end. tyler felt bad for the poor red-haired boy.

"i'm sorry, sorry." josh apologized, and that's when tyler realized; josh was crying.

quickly, tyler stood up and went over and kneeled next to josh, hugging him. "it's okay, don't be sorry. everyone needs to speak their mind sometimes, josh, it's not a bad thing." tyler said, his heart breaking with each sob that josh let out.

"i just needed to get that off my chest. thank you, tyler, so much." josh whispered after a couple minutes of silence, other than josh's sob.
"if it weren't for you, tyler, i have no idea where i would be in life."

tyler smiled, and continued to hug josh. "thank you so much for staying alive, tyler joseph."

and now it was tyler's turn to cry, silently into josh's back. "thank you too, josh dun. for so much."

what none of them realized is, that with the first day of december, the first snowfall.

"happy birthday, tyler." josh mumbled, to which tyler, despite the tears running down his face, smiled.

"thank you so much."

- - -

It's Tyler's birthday!

I'm so thankful that I was born in the same time as Tyler and Josh, and you all.

This chapter is somewhat dedicated to Tyler's birthday.

I'm very proud of this. I'm very proud of what kind of man Tyler has become. And I just really want to thank Tyler and Josh for staying alive.

And I really want to thank you guys too, for staying alive.

Never give up, and stay alive frens.

|-/