Act 2 Scene 1

Enter Officers with letter and Antonio
First Officer: Sir, fortune for you, a messive from the Countess Olivia's household.
Second Officer: Come sir, answer.
Antonio: What is for't? Can it be else than reminder that the one Sebastian loves another? I was cast aside with such ease, why wouldst they show me any favor? If 'tis to request mie attendance at the fest, 't would only blow my pain. Give the letter here. I've not to lose but dignity, that which hath been since my love stripped bare.
Give letter
Leave me with this lost lover's tale. I'll throw myself i' the sea, more than shed tear before view, and tears threaten an ocean of their own.
Exit Officers
(reads) "The words last spoke by the late Sebastian of Messaline, at the moment whence his breath fell to iron" Sebastian? Dead? How has this misfortune fallen? I've known none to best the boy in quarrel, and none to throw his courage. Why should one find fault with him in the Lady's suit? (reads) "Oh, my dear Antonio, if only you could save me once again. I brought you here to be locked up and am now trapped in peril anew. I wish to be once more in the turbulent sea, for then you might save..." The thought's not finished. His words were drowned in blood. I can see it clear as the lightning i' that storm. Wherefore must I be thrown away from the boy, unable to do what is needed of me? Who dost bring this news? Why must they torment my heart? There be no signature, only letters, (reads) "M.O.A.I." Oh, this fire i' my soul, this love for Sebastian, turns cold with such grief. My bosom aches with a longing. I long to see the sun in the eyes of him who I love. I shall face the fires of damnation to be with him again.
Exeunt