1.

Since the Accident:
3 months, 22 days
March 29th, 2010

The music was blasting from the club across the street as Cassandra Williams and her boyfriend Bryan Turners walked past it. People were lined up down the block as they waited for entrance inside.

A light smile spread Cassandra's face as she shook her head. Her strawberry blond hair fell slightly into her eyes as she squeezed Bryan's hand a little bit tighter.

"What are you smiling at that isn't me?" Bryan joked as he looked down at her.

Cassandra turned her head and looked at his quizzical expression and allowed a small giggle to pass her rosy lips. Hot air made a puff in the air in front of her face, warming her skin as she stepped through it before cold air returned quickly to the slightly warmed skin.

"Don't you remember when we used to do that?" She asked as her eyes looked deep into his sparkling chocolate brown ones. To her his eyes always looked like they held the stars within them, captivating her with every glance.

"It was only two years ago when we did that last." He chuckled as he moved their intertwined hands into his coat pocket to help sustain warmth. The temperature had dropped drastically since they had left their small one bedroom apartment.

Neither of them had expected it to get this cold and this fast at that.

"I know." Her hazel eyes glanced back across the street at the girls with short dresses and skirts with tall stilettos and guys with tight shirts and unbuttoned collars. "But it seems like it was ages ago."

"It sure feels like it. We've grown up since then." He replied warmly.

After their conversation ended they walked for something in a comfortable silence as they enjoyed one another's company. Both of them couldn't have asked for a better night or for a better person to spend this cool night in December with.

As they neared the car Bryan moved his right hand around in his pocket to retrieve his keys. When he finally placed his cool hand on the remote he pulled them out of the pocket of his coat.

Cassandra turned from watching families and couples walk by on the other side of the road and looked to see the car now in front of her and her boyfriend.

Bryan Turners pressed on the unlock button on the remote. The car clicked and the doors opened. Bryan let go of his girlfriends hand so he could open the passenger side door for her

With a big and beautiful smile on her face she quickly climbed into the box of warmth before he closed the door behind her.

After years of arguing about opening the door for her she has finally ceded to his will as a gentleman. A small smile spread across Bryans face as he made his way to the drivers side of the car.

Cassandra Williams, buckling her seatbelt quickly, blew into her cool hands and rubbed them together as she waited for Bryan to start the engine to warm up the car.

Bryan quickly jumped in and flashed one of his killer smiles with a wink of his dazzling eyes before he closed his door and inserted his key. Cassandra's face which was red from the cold became slightly more pink. She still could not get over that she was dating Bryan after being in love with him for years before.

The second the key was turned and the engine ignited air began to blow from all directions. At first it was cool but slowly the air began to warm.