Epilogue

Since the accident:
7 years, 11 months, 27 days
December 3rd, 2017

"Cassandra? Is that really you?" The women, now thirty one years old, turned and with a small smile nodded towards the mother of her long lost boyfriend.

A big grin spread across the mothers face as she rushed over and engulfed the young woman in one of her memorable hugs.

"Oh you look good sweetheart! I was worried sick. The last time I saw you you were in a real rough patch. How are you feeling?" Mrs.Tanners asked as she pulled back from the girl and let her hands rest on Cassandra Williams shoulders.

"Don't worry I'm doing much better now." Mrs.Tanners smile grew even wider as she fixed her curly brown hair, pushing some of it back and behind her ear after she removed her hands from her shoulders.

"I'm so glad to hear it. And I heard you're getting married. Is that right?" She asked.

Skepticism was plainly heard in her voice. The doubt. The denial. But Cassandra knew the mother before her was hurt. She thought for the longest time her son and herself were going to get married but when he died everything changed.

Now, almost eight years later, Ms.Williams was engaged to someone else and the wedding date is set for the next year. Not only just next year but the same day that she met the blonde flirt.

"Yes I am." She replied to the mother with a smile and a nod.

"I'm so happy for you sweetheart! Congratulations!"

Before she could thank her Cassandra's phone began to ring from within her grey purse. The woman looked at her apologetically as she slid the purse from her shoulder. "I'm so sorry I-"

"Don't worry about it. I have to be on my way out anyways. Just don't be a stranger, you hear me?"

"Of course."

Cassandra's would have been mother smiled one last time at the woman before she left the store and headed on her way.

Quickly, Ms.Williams unzipped her purse and pulled out the buzzing phone. She pressed her finger down upon the screen and slid the button across and quickly positioned the phone up to her right ear as she continued to make her way towards the flower section.

"Hi Ry!"

"Hi Cassy, I just wanted to check what time you would be home so I knew when dinner should be ready by."

"You mean when the delivery should be in by."

She heard his laugh come through the phone as she entered the section of flowers within the store. "Guilty as charged." The midnight black heels clicked lightly as she walked over to the bouquet of orange and yellow begonias with willow branches and slid it carefully from its place.

"So what time? I know you have a prior engagement today."

"It will be around six thirty that I should be home."

"Alright I'll see you then. I love you."

"I love you too." Cassy pulled the phone from her ear and clicked the end button before heading to the register to check out.

She carefully set the bouquet onto the counter as she switched her phone for her wallet. The women rang up the flowers and smiled at the hazel eyed girl "Special occasion?" The short ravenette girl asked.

She shook her head, strawberry blond bangs fell into her face. Without a second thought she pushed them back and placed them as much as she could behind her ear.  "Not particularly." She replied with a sigh as she pulled out her credit card and handed it to the high school girl.

The girl nodded as she punched in the numbers and swiped it across. She handed the card back to the woman. She put it away in her wallet before the girl handed the receipt to the woman in which she signed and returned.

"Have a nice one. Hopefully whoever you bought these for loved them." The teenager said with a peppy smile.

"I hope so too." Cassandra whispered as she walked out to my car.

After getting in her small ford and pulling out the drive was silent other then the sounds from the radio and the whiz of the air as she drove along.

When Cassandra finally pulled into the cemetery she felt the weight of his death hurt her, breaking her heart all over again, as if it had been only yesterday.

Talking to others about it she could handle, but being anywhere near him killed her instantly.

She stopped the car near his grave and slowly climbed out. Flowers in hand Cassandra Williams knelt down and carefully set the beautiful flowers down on the stone.

"I know it's not much but you used to buy these for me all the time remember? I didn't know what these were until you bought them for me the first time."

She looked down at the engagement ring on her hand and sighed as she moved her right hand to twist it about her finger.

"I'm sorry that I haven't been around in awhile. I know I should've come to visit more but I'm just happy I was able to get here today." She whispered as she looked back up at the headstone.

Tears began to fill her hazel eyes and that familiar weight seemed to return to her heart and shoulders.

"I wanted to tell you sooner but I didn't know how. I know we talked about it, getting married, having a family and growing old together. And I know this will hurt you but I'm engaged now."

Of course there was no response.

"But in that dream you told me that night that you wanted to experience all these things and the only way to do it was to, in a sense, move on you know?"

She looked back down at her hands, her hair strawberry blonde hair falling back into her face. She took a deep breath before she looked back at the headstone. Slowly the woman who felt like a small child once more reached out and touched the freezing granite.

"But I've never stopped loving you. I will love you for forever and a day Bryan Ethan Turner. Even if death has already has done us part, I will still love you. No matter where either of us may be." She wiped her eyes with her other hand before she shakily stood.

"Don't forget about me okay?" She smiled as she looked at the stone one last time before climbing back into my car. Some tears still rolled down her cheeks but she ignored them as she slowly and seemingly unwillingly started the car and put it into drive as she pulled back out of the cemetery.

'Because I won't forget about you. And I won't forget our promise.'

"Cassandra Williams Promise me, that we'll love each other for forever and a day."

"I promise I will love you for forever and a day Bryan Turners."

"I love you so much. I promise I'll love you forever."

"And a day Bryan. You forgot and a day."

"We just went over this! How could I forget?"

"I don't mind. As long as you love me with all you have for all of time."

"And one day Cassandra. Don't forget the one day."

The girl remembers laughing as she cuddled closer to her boyfriend. "I'll love you for forever and a day Bry."

"And I will love you for forever and a day Cass. Maybe even longer."