10.

Since the accident:
5 months 22 days
May 29th, 2010

After making sure she was settled at work, Officer Ryan Blake headed to his own job.

He stepped into the busy station and sat down at his desk. He looked over and saw that Officer Dannings was not at her desk like she usually was.

He looked around the office but saw no sight of her intimidating posture.  He pushed his chair in and logged into his desktop. He checked his computer for emails about cases. His search came up empty except for one which came from the mysteriously missing desk partner.

He clicked it open and his shoulders relaxed.

Officer Ryan Blake,

I am emailing you to inform you that we have received word that we may heard out. We are now authorized to go into the field for your hit and run case.

We can now check into any leads we may find instead of just questioning the people involved like we have been doing.

Enjoy more questioning.

- Officer Delilah Dannings

Ryan Blake let out a small chuckle as he closed the email and looked into the notes that he had been keeping on his desktop.

He looked up who he had to 'interrogate'. He had a few witnesses to the actual crime that he had to find and then he had a few friends of Cassandra that he had to talk to to see what her mental state may be.

He let out a sigh as he scratched the back of his neck.

He knew it was no necessarily part of his job to check up on the victims mental health when he was just questioning people on the case but he had no choice.

Ms.Williams had cut himself off from the rest of the world and he was the only one who had contact with her, or so it seemed, at the moment.

Officer Blake stood up and put his hat back onto his head. His curls hung slightly into his eyes and he smiled slightly. He took the hat off and pushed his blonde hair back and placed the police officer cap back on.

He grabbed his badge, a notepad and a pen and made his way out of the office. If he went now and got this over with then he could be finished by lunch.

Maybe he could go pick up the strawberry blond for lunch.

He smiled as he grabbed the keys to his cruiser and made his way out of the office.

~*~

He checked his note pad again and he knew he was at the right place.

He opened his door and stepped out of the cruiser. He let out a small and anxious sigh as he made his up the front path. He knocked on the door and waited patiently. He went through his normal announcing of who he was as he waited but here was no response.

The woman's car was home and he had already checked her work, which she had called in sick to. Hopefully he wouldn't have to come back later.