Infinite Universe

I rushed to change clothes. I put on a really cute outfit I found on my drawer:the only pair of leggings existing and a bright yellow t-shirt. I wanted to see how I looked but this was a house without any mirrors. W h y ? The only one I used to have was now broken. I anyway felt too confident to make myself worry about that. I brushed my hair and wore them in a ponytail. Not too high. High ponytail equals headache. And I couldn't even make a high ponytail. I had that stupid gauze tied all around it due to the accident.

And then I knew exactly where to go. Instinctly I guess. My memory played nice tricks. The Infinite Universe. Pretty catchy name. Good one Dorothy. I think that's her name. I walked into that bookstore with more confidence I had ever summoned in my entire life. I randomly went from one aisle to another. Not knowing in which section to look. I was hoping that books had some magic way to lead me to them. As if books could choose people. But what if they could? What if books were always trying to talk to us but we never listened? Buying a book to me is like adopting a pet. It is dumb I know but I am just too obsessed with them. I love books. I could read all day. See this is something I can understand about me. I can remember things about me when my mind decides to turn back time. Or I can be led to decisions by gut instinct. Something telling me that this is what I would do. Something my old self at least used to do.

"This book is pretty good. I think you'd like it Adelaide." I heard a voice talking to me. Not familiar. Should it be? I turned around but didn't recognise his face. I looked at him with wonder. "I'm sorry but... w h o a r e y o u ? " He squinted his eyes and raised his eyebrows. "You don't remember me?"

"Brandon?"

"You seriously don't remember?" he sounded dissapointed

"Yeah you see I had an accident.. I mean it's complicated I'm sorry I don't remember.."

"Callum" he half-smiled and gave me his hand as if we were meeting for the first time.

"Adelaide" I smiled back putting a hair stride behind my ear.

"Oh I know" he smiled 'moking' me. I giggled. He was trying to make me laugh. And that moment that gut feeling came to surface. That which I have felt before. I was definite about it.

"I'd like to hear your story! If you have time we can go for a coffee or chocolate at the park just two blocks further than here."

"I'd love to." I answered and texted my father to let him know.

We walked for what felt like seconds and we arrived at the park. It was filled with flowers of all colours. I unintentionally smiled and I swear I could feel his eyes being glued on me. It is as if eyes casted some sort of radiation and when he looked at me I could feel their warmth. That has happened to me with several other people. But very few generally. Specific ones.

So that's it this part. I tried save it yesterday but the computer turned off on its own. No warning no nothing. And I didn't know if any kind of draft was saved until today. Hope you liked it. If you did vote☆ and if you didn't comment on what part you didn't like or what you think should change in the next chapters. All comments are welcome.

xoxo,the writer:)