Chapter 4

"You must be Frank!"

The older lady pulled him into a hug and the older man joining.

Frank gave a awkward laugh "The one and only."

"We've been waiting for you! The whole town has been actually!"

As they ushered Frank into the building they pointed to his room he'd be staying in.

"Oh and sweetheart since the whole town wanted to meet you we're having dinner at the church tonight." She smiled sweetly.

Frank nodded and then headed up the stairs.

Reaching his room he placed his luggage down on a the chair, not bothering to unpack.

The room was like any other normal guest room except minus the excessive amount of crosses.

Frank honestly felt creep out from the amount of crosses.

It wasnt the fact that he wasnt the most religious, it was the fact that they were everywhere.

It wasnt helping how it felt as if the statues eyes were following you.

Frank walked over to the bookcase reading the covers while dragging his fingers across the spines.

Holy Bible, Midnight Prayers, Towns History

Curiously he grabbed 'Towns History' and sat down.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
                       ✞ OUT ✞
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Well that was a waste of time Frank thought, the only thing that was motley interesting was that the town's church has been there since they found the land.

The clock read 6:00 PM

Isnt that the normal time people eat?

Frank shrugged and walked down stairs to where his grandparents awaited.

"Oh youre just in time Frank! We were about to go get you."

They ushered him out of the house and into the car, which where they would arrive at the church

-----------------
(Published July 30, 2017)