Can't Touch This

Word count: 1659

Warning: None

A/N I apologize for any mess ups, this was originally going to be for another character but I never posted it so Newt is out of character at some parts. My apologies.
9:00 P.M.

You smirked at Newt and he rose an eyebrow. "Why are you looking at me like that, Y/N?" Your smirk just grew a bit bigger making him more suspecious.

"Hey Newt, I bet you." You said and he looked at you confused.

"What for?"

"I bet you that you can't go without touching me for an entire week." You and him loved to place bets on eachother for no reason, you just liked to test the other and tease them about it if they lost. Which with this particular bet, you didn't exactly expect him to win.

Newt let out a small groan, one of his favorite things to do was touch you, he loved to hold your hands. He loved to wrap his arms around you, telling everyone that you were his. He loved to cup your cheeks when the two of you kissed. He loved to
cuddle when the two of you went to sleep at night.

To be honest, this was not only going to be hard for Newton Artemis Fido Scamander, but be hard for you. You loved his touches, you loved the way sparks flew as he wrapped his arm around your waist as you sit at the diner eating lunch. You loved when he pecked you on the cheek for encouragment when times were getting tough. You loved it.

Newt looked up at you with a very confused and saddened expression. "What? T-that's not fair.. y-y-you know I can barely n-not touch you for an hour- nonetheless a week!" You shrugged. "What will this pov-prove?"

You pondered for a moment. "It will prove you are strong!" You cheered. "The rules are, you can't touch me. I can touch you but you can't touch me. You can't hug me, you can't cup my face if I decide to kiss you, you can't-"

Newt sighed growing slightly frustrated with the idea of not being able to touch you for so long. "S-so I can't tou-touch you for a whole we-ek.. merlins beard.. I got this.."

Day one

6:30 A.M.

"I don't got t-this.." Newt groaned as he sat at the table, stirring his cereal with a spoon. All morning he had been grumpy because of the bet. "I can't do this, Y/N.."

You smiled at him as you scrubbed the dishes, cleaning them. What a good person you are. "Sure you can! You can do this Newt, you are strong! I know you are!" Your words of encouragement lightened the mood up, even if you didn't believe them. You knew he couldn't go a week without touching you but you just wondered how long he would keep up the act that he could. It might have been a little less that expected.

Newt looked up at you. "Can we change the number to one day?" He asked and you shook your head.

"Nope, sorry, Mr. Scamander." You smiled brightly as you finished rinsing the last dish and put it on the drying rack.

Newt banged his head on the table and pouted. "I hate this bet.." He grumbled before he stood up from his seat, rinsing his dish off in the sink. He then proceeded to place the bowl and spoon in the rack. He managed to do so without laying a single finger on you.

You smiled, you put more faith in him. Maybe he could do this. Probably not, but maybe.

After a little while (he never touched you) the two of you decided to head towards Tina and Queenie's to hang out with your friends. Newt made sure to keep his distance so he didn't get the temptation to slip his hand into your own.