Prompt #44

"You need to see a doctor."

frock this is really cute the prompt not my writing I ain’t conceited guys

⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

Newt was currently inside of his suitcase as you were outside of it creating a hand made dinner. You were nearly finished, you just needed to slice some more potatoes and boil them in a pot.

You got them out from under the cupboard and began to peel them very carefully. You have many scars on your hands from accidentally slicing yourself in the kitchen as it is, you didn’t need to add more to the collection.

You diced the vegetable before placing the pieces into boiling water.

After a few minutes, your dinner was set out on the table and you were ready to go call Newt up from his creatures.

Occasions like this were special, it wasn’t often that the two of you got to sit down at a table and eat together a meal you created. Newt loved nights like this.

The suitcase was propped up on the floor in the living room. You put one foot in to find the ladder and then put your other one in and proceeded to climb down into his work shop.

“Newt?” Your voice rang out into the openness as you opened the door and was greeted by Frank. He still had slight unsettlingness towards you, so you kept your back against the shed so he would not get frightened.

He kept a careful eye on you as you exited his terrain to go find Newt. You had a feeling you may know where he was, so you started walking towards the Bowtruckle tree.

The name of your lover once came out of your mouth as you searched for him. You were slightly worried, normally by now he would have responded.

Your eyes landed on a group of creatures surrounding something, and naturally you assumed Newt was among them. You smiled as you did a slight jog over. “Hey, Newt?” Your face slowly died down into a frown as you saw a look of dismay on his face, “A-are you okay?” He was gripping his side and looking down at it.

His eyes shot up to meet you and he gave you a smile, one that was trying to hide his pain. “Oh, me? I’m fine.”

You rose an eyebrow, not fully convinced. You slowly spoke, “Dinner.. it’s ready. On the table.”

Another painful smile. “Delightful. Let us go.” He started walking towards his shed to get out, but something was wrong. He was putting all his weight on his right leg which was causing him to limp.

You went up and grabbed his hand and made him stop. He looked down at you with pleading eyes. “Newt, you aren’t okay. Let me see..” you slowly started moving your hand to his left side where he had been gripping. ,

He flinched away, “No, Y/N. I-I am fine. Just a scratch.” His eyes traveled as he tried walking again towards the door.

You grabbed his shoulders and forced him to stop. “No. Newt, let me see.” You sternly looked at him, telling him you meant business.

A defeated sigh escaped his mouth as he stuck his arms straight out, giving you access to his examine wound. His lower shirt was ripped and smothered in his blood. “N-Newt!” You slowly lifted up the shirt to see a giant gash on his side. “I-”

“Please, Y/N!” He backed away from you, and you could see his eyes lining with tears. “Dont make me give it back! It was an accident! He- he isn’t used to me yet- he was abused! If he would have gotten to know me he-”

You cut him off, “You need to see a doctor.”

Newt shook his head, “I don’t want too.. I don’t want to ruin our dinner..”

A sigh escaped your lips. “Newt I would rather have you alive then some dinner I made! I can make it again tomorrow, its okay!”

Newt gave you a slightly pouty face, “B-”

“You know what? I can fix you up if you really don’t want to go to the doctors.” You had took some classes to train to be a nurse, but never got around to actually becoming one. You had been trained on how to stitch someone up, and you just so happened to have thread and needles.

After a few minutes of preassuring him into it, Newt finally agreed. He was lying on the bed shirtless as you gathered the tools you needed to stitch him up with.

“Dont think about it, think about something you love.” You told him as you were about to start. “Think happy thoughts, what makes you happy."

I really don’t want to go into detail about the whole thing or else I might faint so let’s skip to after its sewn

You cut the string and made sure it would not untie before stepping back from your work. “And we are done.” You announced.

Newt slowly sat up, “I didn’t know you could do that.” He examined your work.

You grinned before bending down to him and looking him in the eye, “Next time you get hurt, we are going to the doctors.” You gave him a quick kiss before helping him off the bed.