2.

"So, you ready, Laur? Either Tori or I will be with you for a majority of the day, except for that little portion where neither of us can make it, but I'm really considering being tardy to that class so you won't be alo-"

"Ally," Lauren calmly interrupts, halting the girl's musings. "You are not going to be late for your class, okay? I can be alone for a few minutes, nothing bad is going to happen. If it'll make you feel better, I can hide in the bathroom or something until the bell rings. How does that sound?"

Taking in a deep breath, Ally nods stiffly, trying not to stress too much about her friend. "Yes. I... yes, okay, that sounds good."

"Plus," Lauren continues. "I can't cower and hide like this for the entire school year. If something happens, it happens. I can't do too much about it."

"But we don't want anything happening to you, Laur. We're trying to prevent it," Tori chimes in from Lauren's right.

Lauren shrugs her shoulders, pushing her glasses back up her nose. "I know, me either, trust me. I've made it this far, though, right? What's one more year?"

Ally gazes sympathetically at Lauren, placing a hand on her arm. "Laur, no, that's not how it should be tho-"

"Seriously, Ally." Lauren turns towards the smaller girl, placing her own hands on her shoulders. "You need to stop stressing about it, okay? I'm okay, which means you need to be too."

Ally goes to argue once more, but the pointed look and raised eyebrow from Lauren halts her words. 

"Fine," she mumbles, defeated. "But if anything, anything at all happens, you let me know as soon as possible, alright?" Sometimes Lauren forgets how motherly Ally can be.

"Quit bugging her, Ally. Go go, shoo shoo. I've got this." And she also forgets how sisterly Tori can be.

They say goodbye to Ally as they walk through the school doors, making their way towards Tori's locker first, since it's closer.

"I'm not going to ask if you're okay, because we both know Ally did more than enough of that." The two girls share a good-natured eye roll.

"Thank you, it's greatly appreciated," Lauren jokingly says with a smile on her face.

Tori pauses her thought as she finishes rifling through her locker, shutting it with a bang. She leads the way as they walk towards Lauren's locker. "But, like Ally said, anything happens, you let us know, okay?"

"Yes, okay, mom," Lauren teases, lightly shoving the other girl before opening her locker.

Tori scoffs, regaining her balance and lifting one hand in the air. "Please, we both know Ally is the mother in this relationship." (See, what did she say?)

Once Lauren is finished with swapping her books, Tori turns back to her, looping their arms together as they head for class. "Shall we?"

~~

Ally nearly had a breakdown at the thought of neither her nor Tori being able to accompany Lauren for these few minutes their schedules didn't line up. Tori had to practically drag the girl away towards her class; it almost looked like a scene out of a horror movie. Lauren had just laughed as they walked (Tori walked, Ally was towed away) towards their class, shoving down her apprehension at now being vulnerable to anyone who wanted to mess with her. She had decided to listen to her earlier words and hide out in the bathroom until it was time for class. Better safe than sorry.

Luckily for Lauren, the restrooms close to her next class are usually empty, so she won't have to face anyone's wondering (judgmental) stare.

Propping herself against the far wall, Lauren places her bag at her feet, pulling out her phone and checking her Instagram while she waits. There isn't much to see though; she doesn't have many people on there besides Ally, Tori, and her own family. The celebrities she follows take up the majority of her newsfeed.