3.

"You better wipe that drool off of your chin."

Camila quickly reaches a hand up to her mouth, then turns to glare at Dinah when she hears the girl snickering.

"Fuck off."

"Hey, not my fault you chose to pine after Lauren from across the halls instead of growing some balls all these years."

Rolling her eyes, Camila shoves some of her belongings into her locker. "I'm making an effort now. Doesn't that count?"

"Yeah," Dinah scoffs. "Three years too late. Haven't you liked her since freshman year?"

"So what? I always assumed she didn't like me. I'm still not sure how she feels about me now, even though I stuck up for her."

Dinah throws an arm around Camila's shoulders, and the girl unsuccessfully tries to shrug it off. "Aw, does the adorable little dorky Lauren scare the big bad Camila?"

"Shut up, Dinah," Camila mumbles as she slams her locker closed. "She's just... she's so pure and innocent and untainted and just like... she's perfect, you know? She's too good for this world." Her eyes are locked on Lauren who is standing halfway down the hall, talking eagerly with Tori.

"Jesus, Mila," she hears Dinah sigh. "You've got it bad."

Camila doesn't even try to deny it. "I know. Ugh. What is it about this girl?"

"I don't know, babe, but she clearly has you wrapped around her pinky. And you're not even dating," Dinah says, looking over her shoulder as Normani approaches. "I'm going to head to class with Mani now. Try not to drool all over the floor please. It's nasty enough as is."

Acknowledging Dinah and saying hi and bye to Normani, Camila leans her shoulder against the lockers, gaze fixed firmly on Lauren. She doesn't know how the girl has never noticed her staring, because she does it more often than considered normal. 

Camila watches as Lauren animatedly tells Tori something that is apparently funny because the next moment, both girls are laughing, Lauren throwing her head back as she chuckles loudly. Camila's eyes zero in on the length of Lauren's neck that is exposed, wondering what it would be like to run her tongue along it. Their laughter dies down until Lauren is quietly giggling, and Camila can't quite understand how her thoughts can go from less than appropriate to finding Lauren the most adorable creature on the planet in the next moment. The girl's laugh is so precious, and her smile is even more captivating.

Lauren turns to speak to Tori at a different angle, and instead of staring at Lauren's right profile, Camila has an almost head on view of the girl. She runs her eyes over Lauren's face, and notices how the lighting in the hallway causes green eyes to glow radiantly. They look especially vivid and intense today, as if reflecting the girl's good mood.

The green of the school's lockers has nothing on Lauren's eyes.

Camila takes note of Lauren's appearance, her outfit consisting of a cute blue dress and a dragonfly necklace, her hair parted to the side and held back with a clip, and her usual glasses sitting low on her nose. Not even a moment later, Lauren reaches up to push them back up her face, and Camila has to stop herself from reacting, because seeing Lauren adjust her glasses is one of Camila's favorite Lauren mannerisms. It's so unbearably cute, and every time Lauren did it while they were talking, Camila would nearly burst a blood vessel from holding in her squeal (nobody is ever going to hear her squeal).

Lauren's lips look a little shiny from where Camila is at, and when she focuses more on the girl's mouth, she notices that Lauren is wearing lipgloss, which...

That's surprising.

Camila has noticed the few (rare) times Lauren has applied a little bit of makeup, whether it be some mascara, a little bit of gloss,or some blush (and that one time she wore eyeliner, which had Camila yelling into her pillow as soon as she got home because the way the makeup had made Lauren's eyes pop...). All Camila is saying is that Lauren seldom wears makeup, so when she does, Camila obviously needs to take time to appreciate it.