Chapter 19

The next morning Devin woke up to the sound of pages being flipped. Her head was on Alex's chest, she rolled to lay on her back and saw him reading the rest of his book from last night. His hair was a mess and he kept yawning every once in a while. She smiled to herself as she sat up and leaned against him to see what he was reading.

"Morning, princess," his voice croaked out after not being used since yesterday.

"Morning, Rapunzel."

"Sleep well?"

"Yeah, I think the pills are working."

"Well, that's good." She nodded in response. Alex continued until he reached the end of the chapter before he bookmarked the page and placed it on the side table. He moved his arm around her, pulling her body closer to his. Devin could already feel him warming up.

"Stop showing off."

"But I'm trying to impress you."

She laughed and shook her head. "Why do you need to impress me? We're already dating."

"I kinda assumed I dreamt that."

"Why?"

"Because it didn't feel real."

"I don't know whether to be offended by that."

"Don't be." He grinned. She got up after a while and stretched. "But now that we are dating-" Alex spoke up, she froze and turned her head to face him. "I can say, without embarrassment, that you look hot."

"I'm always hot. I don't know why you never mentioned it before. It's just a fact."

"So modest."

"I know." She nodded with a yawn.

"Coffee?" Devin hummed a response before walking into the bathroom to brush her teeth quickly. Alex walked in just after her, grabbing his own toothbrush. She knew she shouldn't go downstairs in just his shirt and her underwear, so she made her way to her own room to get dressed while Alex did the same.

-

"Peter, for the last time, stop microwaving your damn peeps!" Jubilee yelled in annoyance as Alex and Devin made their way downstairs and towards the kitchen.

"Peter, why do you keep doing that?" Devin asked as she moved to look into the microwave to see the damage done this time while Alex went to make coffee for them both.

"Experimentation." He shrugged and licked the melted peeps off his hands.

"Don't you live somewhere else?"

"Yeah, but I'm not ruining my microwave." Jubilee slowly turned to look at him with a glare, he stepped back with his smiling dropping from his face, bumping into Ororo slightly who was silently laughing at them both.

"I'll help you." Warren got up and picked up a cloth. Jubilee shuffled over the counter, while Warren began to clean the inner door of the microwave. Devin smirked at the two of them, shaking her head. They should just put a child lock on the door. Then Peter won't be able to open it.

"Princess." Alex held the cup out to her while watching the two, taking a sip of his own coffee. She took the coffee from him with a smile and lifted it up to her lips to blow on it to cool it down.

"You know you can heal, right? Even from a burn." Ororo pointed out to Devin.

"I'm not a caveman," she told her before taking a sip.