Chapter 1 (New)

Hey so this book is going under some editing and a few changes, probably not the best time to read this chapter as it wont make sense but if you patient hopefully you will enjoy this book.

So now with the new chapter one :)

                                                                               _________________

  •ZOEY•

Looking at the door in front of me I'm starting to reconsider my decision on coming back, 3 years is a long time.

It's probably been 20 minutes of me staring straight at the wooden barrier, I just can't bring myself to knock, what if they don't remember me? Or there're disappointed, disgusted even. I mean, I didn't leave on a good note with my family, I just told them I had to leave and I did. Just packed my bags and left.

My brother's didn't stop blowing my phone up with messages and calls after I left, after a while they stop ringing so much, probably once they realised I wasn't answering and wanted to be left alone.

3 years and barely any contact and here I am, god who am I kidding, I'm not even sure I could be classed family right now. No, Zoey come on you can do this, just knock on the door, simple! Right?

Deep breath.

As my knuckles were about to make contact with the door it opened suddenly?

"You okay there love, you've been staring at our door for a while"

I blushed as I didn't know I had been caught. Glancing up to meet the person who spoke to me, I froze, looking at me was Kyle, one of my older brothers. Before I left, Kyle's and I relationship was the strongest out of all my brothers, mainly because he was the closest to my age and more like a best friend than anything.

"Hellooo, can I help you" his hand waves in my face bringing me back to the present time.

"Yeah, first thing first are you going to let me in or at least take my bags they're heavy and hurting my arms.... Please."

The utter look of confusion on his face was very visible.

"Oh come on ky-ky, you don't remember me?" the smirk wouldn't leave my face.

The shock of his baby sister standing in front of his had himself doubting if she's really was here or if it was his imagination. Not knowing what to do Kyle to two steps back and closed the door in Zoey's face. Rejection is what Zoey thought first, now some of her family know she's here, is how they're all going to react or will they send her back the way she came from. The door again opened suddenly and Zoey's whole body jolted forward as the pair of arms grabbing her yanked her to their body.

"Oh my, oh my, you're really here, oh my, you idiot we've missed you so much, you silly girl"

Kyle takes my hand and drags me inside, I look around at the familiar walls of my home. Each wall on the hallway is decorated with childhood photos, photos of us abroad, at the park and the zoo. Ahh I miss this.

"Oh father, sweet father, I have a surprise for you"

Going into the living room Dad, Jamie and Blake, my other two older brothers, are sat on the couch watching the game that's on. Dad lifts his arm up holding a can of beer and shakes it. No noise comes from it hinting that he wants a new can.

"Um are you not even gonna look at the surprise I found on our doorstep" Kyle grunts out, rolling his eyes.

Dad with a shake of his head glances at our direction then back at the game, then freezing at the realisation the his favourite daughter. ONLY daughter. Is back home ready to do absolutely nothing.

"No, no, no, no this isn't real"

I hold back the chuckle wanting to escape. I guess this is the reaction I deserve after leaving for three years.

"My baby" Dad jumps up from the couch and runs to me, smothering me in his huge arms, caging me in. This brings memories back making me do nothing but want to cry.

"I'm so sorry baby, I'm sorry"

He must have seen the confusion on my face as he didn't look me in the eye, okay this is now making me nervous. I didn't expect this on my arrival home.

"What's going on Dad, is everything okay" I hoped my voice didn't show how utterly nervous I was.

"I-I sold... um I- I um sold" he kept on muttering not making any sense at all.

"Sold what, Kyle's dignity. Good luck with that because that's long gone"

I'm never good with a serious situation, I mean never. I always get too uncomfortable and just blurt things out or make joke hoping to lift the mood. Sometimes it works or sometimes I get glares, like right now. From Kyle.

Hey it's not my fault that from birth all Kyle done was unbelievable things losing his dignity, it was a self-loss move from his part. I mean who goes and takes an old lady's mobility scooter. While she's sat in it. Not moving. Dumb move.

"No, anything to do with Kyle is free, but seriously don't hate me. I love you, do you want anything... hot chocolate and new suit case." Wow, beating around the bush.

"Just tell me already, because you all annoying m-"

"I SOLD YOU.... Not Kyle's whatever... I sold you"

Ummm excuse me, did he just say he sold me. I didn't even know I was for sale, and for how much because I don't come cheap, I mean it.

"To who" I at least want to know what gets to have me as a lovely, wonderful present.

                                                                            _________________

so I hope you guys enjoyed the new chapter one, I'm currently going back over the chapters and starting to re-write them. I hoping to get the second edited chapter out by the end of this week or the start of next week.

But anyway please comment on how you thought of this chapter, and good criticism helps me to help you :)

Sydney xxx