Ch. 5: The Party

FJ is so terrifyingly upset about missing the party in your time... ugh.

Current place: FJ, your timeline, day 11: Seven's route. She's planning on beginning Yoosung's route with her best friend tomorrow.

Me: my timeline, practicing for a recital this weekend. I'm alone, in a wide, open room. Spinning, spinning, stopping. Doing the splits and bending my body backwards. Kicking my leg up above my head- while keeping it straight, that's important- toe pointed, another pirouette-

I hear a loud thump, and I open my eyes and jerk abruptly, moving immediately from position 4 to fighters' stance. Jumin knocked something over in an attempt to stay out of my sight. Wait... Jumin?

"I apologise for disturbing you, Josh. I was watching you. You are quite talented, for a man." Jumin was standing up straight, fixing his left sleeve cuff. He was standing in a pile of fencing swords in the corner of the room.

I sputtered. "For a man?" I asked in mock offense, making him chuckle. I waved my hand around the pile of swords, and they floated back to their proper positions in a mini-blizzard.

Oh, I have snow and ice powers. They help in many different cases. My biological father's name is Jack Frost. Have you heard of him?

"Well, comparing your skills to a woman's dancing abilities would be inappropriate, as you appear to a better dancer to many women as well."

"Aw, thanks!" I lisped out, grinning wolfishly. I ran back to the middle of the room on my toes, and spun again. "Ballet's my favourite thing to do. Are you going with the others to my recital this weekend?"

"Of course. I would not miss an event that important to another RFA member for the world."

"Awesome!" I jerked my hand up, using the wind to start my music again, and continued to practice my routine while Jumin watched.