chapter five

05 x ... there's a murderbot and more Hydra but definitely a way

>>>

When I get energized, it's not good. It's like if someone were to contain a thousand burning suns in one tiny compact body, and then to ramp the heat up for the sake of the thrill.

So when I get energized because I'm mad, you should run.

Because I am very, very good at destroying things.

As it turns out, this includes murderbots who have declared war against the Avengers. Ultron was something I saw coming, though before I experienced it he was just a blip. I never realized how infuriating he could be until I encountered him.

It was another circumstance in which I kept myself off his team's radar. Granted, I was about eighty percent  sure that Natasha knew about me because Natasha knows everything, but that wasn't my main concern when Sokovia was rising in the air and Ultron had it out for the Avengers.

No, my main concern was the fact that I had encountered Ultron and he was pissing me off.

"You," he said, his metal face morphing into confusion as he observed me, "are not an Avenger. Where did you even come from?"

My attempted smile was closer to a lioness baring her teeth as I stared up at him. "Everywhere, moron." With that I snapped my fingers, and excavated he and I from his little temple -- right before the Avengers arrived at it.

I took us back to the rest of Earth, though I knew full well he could fly. When he attempted to come at me, I threw a force field bubble up around him and watched as he bounced back when he made contact with the shimmering purple barrier. I strolled leisurely around him, a feline smile on my lips. "You're an idiot," I stated, "just to reiterate. Because I don't think you quite comprehended my saying that right before we teleported."

Ultron glared at me, and blasted at the force field, but to no avail. "And you are an unexpected variable. Had it not been for that insufferable android kicking me out of the Internet, I wouldn't have to do this. But he did, so here we are, and I'm going to ask: who are you?"

I chuckled and shook my head, clasping my hands behind my back as I moved. "You would like to know, wouldn't you? And I suppose there wouldn't be much harm in telling you . . . given your state. But I won't."

"Why not?" Ultron asked, watching me carefully.

"Because you're insignificant," I said frankly, pausing in my steps and turning to face him. My expression was borderline sinister. "You're a speck as far as I'm concerned. A problem all the same, but so small of one that I don't even need to intervene."

"Then what do you call this?" Ultron asked, waving at the bubble.

I gave him a closed mouthed smirk. "A chat. I can demolish you and your other counterparts just by smiling, so yeah, I call this a chat. You don't want me to intervene, Ultron. You think you still have a chance, don't you?"

He scoffed, "Given you're clearly going to let me go, of course I do."

I chuckled and shook my head. "Like I said. You're an idiot."

"And you like talking too much," he retorted.

I gave him a solemn and innocent look then. "I just came to warn you," I said. The force field around him vanished.

"Warn me of what?"

My devilish smile returned, and it was with a snap of my fingers that he and I were in his little lair in Sokovia. "Your death."