⭐First Meeting

Hermione was shuffling through her trunk searching for her cardigan, when she finally found it she closed the trunk shut and picked up her other bags along with her trunk.  She pulled her Beannie on and quickly put on the sweater as she trudged through the Hogwarts staircase. Her boot clad steps made heavy thumping sounds and echoed across the empty halls as she tried to quicken her phase. 

It was Christmas time,  and all the Students were excited to go home And be with their family but for Hermione,  Christmas bought a sense of sadness in her.  She no longer could go to her parents home as she had erased their memory about her  before the war had started. She couldn't regret that decision because she knew it was for their own safety. But dang it,  she can't have them with her even if she wants to now.
She would have stayed in Hogwarts,  closed inside her dorm,  decked up in blankets and wallowing in self pitty, but Mrs. Weasly had made sure that Hermione will be celebrating Christmas with them. 

As she reached the station along with all the other students ,  she didn't know what to do.  Or rather whom to speak with him,  both Harry and Ron had taken up their Auror jobs and didn't want to come back to Hogwarts,  they had also persuaded Hermione to do so.  But she had refused saying that she wants to finish off her last year in Hogwarts and probably it will give her sometime to think things through and to just go with the flow.  But a small part of her knows that the reason she wanted to continue in hogwarts was to distance herself from people and digest what had just happened 4 months back.

As she climbed into the train she saw a flash of platinum Blond Hair and instantly knew that it was a certain Malfoy boy. 

In the loneliness of Hogwarts she had taken a certain liking to Draco. Though they hadn't spoken to each other for more than two sentences they both found comfort in each other. 

Their small companionship started in the potions class. When students were asked to pair up on their own,  no one wanted to pair up with Malfoy,  still showing hatred for him because of his role in the war.  He was called a traitor whenever he came to the banquet in the great Hall. 
And the humiliation increased when Draco's father had gone into hiding and his mother who once used to look so beautiful with her sharp features and flushed skin,  has become the women who had lost everything. 

When the potions class had begun,  Draco couldn't handle things on his own,  he couldn't follow the instructions properly and when he had spilled the pecan glass of hot boiling green substance all over his robe Hermione couldn't take it in anymore. She marched towards his table at the back and quickly cleared everything away and set up the things needed for the potion that needed to be prepared. 
First Draco had given her a strange look,  but she gave a sharp glance which stated not to ask any questions.  And from then on Hermione and Draco had been each other's constants. 
Though what they had couldn't be exactly called as friendship but it was something special. 

Hermione slightly waved at him and his lips slightly stretched into a smile as he waved back.  With that fresh image of what had happened in her mind she trudged through the pathway of the train.  She quickly got into one of the compartments And pushed her trunk under the seat.  She closed her eyes and wished she could go back to her home and be with her parents with a warm cup of tea and have a nice conversation with them over  pies and tea cakes. 

---------------