Affection

Hermione was in a hurry towards her potions class,  she had never been late to even a single class in her entire life and she can't believe that this is even happening.  She cursed under her breathe for succumbing to the warmth of her bed and hoping for a few more moments of sleep which had turned into a full blown 45 minutes of sleep. 

She didn't have any time to have her breakfast which was always served in the great Hall and she was already 10 minutes late to her potions class. 

As soon as she reached the dungeon she busted into the class and started to profusely apologize to Professor Slughorn for her tardiness.  Who had excused her for it was her first time.
She quickly scrambled to the back of the room looking out for Draco.

As soon as she saw the smirking face of the blonde,  she walked towards him and sat down. 

While professor Slughorn was busily setting up the Ingredients needed for the potions that needed to be prepared by us .  A small piece of parchment was pushed to my side. 

I raised an eyebrow at Draco and he just smirked back as I pulled the note under the table so that no one would notice.

Hermione granger and tardiness just don't go well together.  What happened?
P. S you look your best today *winks*

Hermione knew that she didn't look even half good,  she had no time to comb her hair and so she had to put up with her hair now,  more of a bush, she thought. 

She quickly reached up and pinched his arm for being rude about her appearance .  Draco hissed in pain as he tried to mask his pain since professor Slughorn had started to talk about what we were gonna do. 

"Merlin Woman!" he hissed under his breathe as he clutched his hand to his chest.
Hermione smirked in satisfaction and listened to what was Mr. Slughorn was telling. 

-------------

Hermione was stirring the potion while Draco was reading out the instructions for her,  mid way through their preparation an embarrassingly loud groan came from Hermione 's stomach.  Hermione squeezed her eyes shut in embarrassment and knew that there is not going to be single day when Draco will stop teasing her about this. 

"what is that you have got in there?  Your long lost Crookshanks or a whole zoo?  " Draco asked who had stopped reading out the instructions when he had heard the noise. 

" urgh!  Shut up Draco.  I haven't had my breakfast yet,  so don't even get started with me " Hermione grunted out as she focused on stirring the potion correctly. 

" you haven't had your breakfast yet? You should have told me that " Draco said as he turned around fully to look at her.  Hermione not having the patience to handle this quickly called in professor Slughorn to check their potion. 

----------------------------------

As soon as the class had ended Hermione had headed to the gryffindor common room to start preparing for her assignment.  
Just as she sat down next to the mantle place,  Parvati Patel barged in.

Soon after some more gryffindors filled the common room. 

One of the juniors who stumbled into the common room waltzed towards Hermione. 

" Draco said he is waiting outside of the portrait hole and asked you to come " he squeaked out and quickly scurried towards the boys dorm room staircase. 

Hermione realized that this was going to become a huge issue if someone notices a slytherin,  that too Draco Malfoy standing outside the Gryffindor dorm room.  She quickly pushed herself up and scurried in through the portrait hole.