Chapter 3

I woke up on a couch and I was wrapped in a large bear skin comforter. I felt my temples throbbing in protest at the morning rays beaming in on me through the large windows in the massive den space. I shot up right and I realized I was clothed again. I was wearing a large male tee shirt and some loose fitting sweat pants. I felt my body and it was smooth and silky and very human. I smelt delicious aromas coming from a few rooms over and I stood on my shaky legs. I took a few steps, testing my balance. It took a moment to orient myself, but I was perfectly whole and able to walk now.

I felt a thrill of fear wash over me as I walked through the alien house. I was not familiar with any of it and I knew I had never been here before; hell I had not been in any one's home here. I had basically gone to school, to work and to the local supermarket. I looked around and I saw forest and wild life paintings and the faded look to them, put them at over one hundred years old easy, if not much more.

The house was furnished with a lot of modern furniture and any basic tech gadgets you come to expect in the 21st century. I could tell this house was huge, just from the dimensions of the rooms I had traveled through on my way to the source of the deliciousness.

I found myself in a massive kitchen, with fifteen sets of eyes trained on me with profound interest. I saw the little brunette with the brown and yellow eyes cooking. She was just as scrawny as me, but maybe an inch and a half taller; still short by any human standard. She beamed a smile at me over the four pans of bacon and eggs she was multi-tasking over.

"Hey you're awake! How are you feeling?"

I cleared my scratchy throat and said, "I am alive I guess?" I sounded very unsure of myself, even to me. She gave me an look of sympathy and understanding.

"I remember my first change when I was thirteen. It hurt like hell and I actually knew what I was my whole life."

I nodded and gave her a skeptical look and I heard another voice, older and full of feminine power. "You don't remember much of last night do you little girl?"

I whipped my head in the direction of the voice and she was a few inches taller than the little brunette, but she was unmistakably familial to the younger girl. She had white blonde soft curly hair and the same vivid brown and yellow eyes as the younger girl. She had thicker curves and more generous breasts. The look of assessment she was shooting in my direction felt like a challenge to me, so I did what any sane person would do, I growled at her lowly.

The fourteen at the table stood up when I growled, but I did not take my eyes off of the brown and yellow ones before me, still challenging me. I saw the younger brown haired girl come between us and she said, "Guys she has no fucking clue what is happening, Ang you do! Stop fucking challenging her right when she wakes up from her first change! You should know better you three hundred year old...Ow!" The snow haired beauty, Ang, thumped the brown haired girl on the top of the head. The younger girl rubbed her head gingerly, before retreating to her cooking. She cast a puppy pout to the older girl and she rolled her eyes and looked back to her friends.

"Chill guys, as much as it kills me to say this, Lacy is right. I should not have poked a new alpha female first thing in the morning."