Him

He couldn't hold back his urges anymore. He picked up his phone and dialed her number. I'm going to regret this. I'm so, so going to regret this. She picked up, not a shocker but still unlike her. She hated the sound of her voice, ironic right? "Hello?" She uttered, she sounded tired, I hope I didn't wake her. "Hi." He said, wanting to spill out his soul, leave everything on the floor, but something wouldn't let him. "Did you need something?" She was pissed. She was trying not to let him know but he could tell by the tone of her voice she was pissed, and pissed at him. "I need you." He said, barley whispering Into the phone. "What?" She hissed back, God talking to her was like poking a bear. "I need you. I need you to listen. I need you to understand. My life is going down hill, it sucks, it's absolutely terrible and I-" she cut him off, launching into one of the most emotional, heartbreaking, and deliberately earth shattering rants he'd ever heard. "Oh now you need me? Now you want me to listen to your problems? What's the problem kid, lost another date for hanging with the misfit? What do you want to hear? It's all me? Fine. I guess your right. It's all me. I'm the one who fell in love. I'm the one who needed you. I'm the one who wanted us. I'm the one who didn't want to give up. Now you act like you hate me. That stunt you pulled earlier? Absolute bs. I think it's hard for you to even say anything nice about me or to me. You are very short and unforgiving towards me. I have done nothing wrong, I have helped you as much as I could. What did I do? You don't have to love me or even like me. You've moved on, you should be happy. I'm not the cause of things going wrong in your life. And I'll be damned if I'll be the reason it ends. You don't need me and you never did. You want me to be your pushover of a friend who kisses your ass when you ego needs it. Well I'm done. Get your bullshit and your asshole ways out of my life. I'm done. I'm done." She let the last whisper come out with a slight inclination of tears, enough to poke a hole in his stone heart. "I... I... thats not what I wanted. I-" "I don't care what you want. I'm done Adam. I'm done." He heard the line end and his heart sank. The boy who had everything, hand nothing.