• Chapter 2 •

------
Hogwarts
------

We all got into the the magical carriages, there was a few people in the carriage I Was in but we didn't talk.

The carriages went down a windy road to a lake of some sort and their were long canoes their waiting for us.

Everyone was figiting about and we had to leave our belongings their because they would weigh down the boat.

"Excuse me sir Hagrid" I asked the large man

"Why yes" he answered

"Would I be able to bring this case on the canoe with me, it's very precious and it's also light weight"

"Could I hold it for a second?" He asks

"Of course" and I hand him my fathers case.

He examines it closely and just as he is about to hand it back one of the clips pop open.

We both get a small fright but I just answer "uh yes.. must really get that fixed" then I grab the case "thank you" and go to the canoes.

I got in a canoe that was all girls and sat at the back of it minding my own business.

It was almost pitch black but we all had little lanterns so we could see.

In the distance there was a large no not large, enormous  castle in front of us.

Their were lights turning on and off, and there was a big hall that I think had most of the school in.

We got to the shore and we were told to leave our belongings that we had carried over in a cream marble hall.

I put my fathers case down and followed the others up the stairs. When we got to the top their was an old witch standing there with a pointy hat on her head.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, I am Professor McGonagall." The tall witch said "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The sorting is a very important ceremony because while you're here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house Common room.
'The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.
'The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."
Her eyes wandered around the students looking up at her - including myself - so I tried to tighten the French plait at the back of my head.
"I shall return when we are ready for you" said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly"

The boy Draco Malfoy, who pestered me earlier went up to Harry. As soon as Professor McGonagall had left.

They were having a conversation but everyone could hear and it was getting heated, someone was going to get hurt.