Learning to trust

Channeling frustration into inspiration... is that a good idea... who cares. Enjoy the chapter guys.

Peridot POV ((this is during school BTW.))

Everything was going just fine today until that girl came along. After my last class the office called me up so I could bring Lazuli her work she missed. I walked to Lazuli's house and found the door to be open slightly.

"That's weird who leaves their door open. Someone could easily break in" I thought

Wanting to hurry up and leave I walked in and set her work on the table, but as I was about to leave I heard crying. I walked up the stairs to her room and heard bits and pieces of Lazuli's words.

"Why do I like you. I need my... PATHETIC" Lapis said

I became curious at what these words meant, but I decided to walk away,  until I heard nothing but a thump on the floor. My feet froze in place and did not allow me to move. It felt like there was two sides to me, one who had no desire to help Lapis because I couldn't trust her and the other who knew right from wrong and wanted to help. My feet acted on their own and walked back to her door. I opened it to reveal an unconscious Lapis laying on the ground with pills all over the floor. 

"H0ly $#it. what do I do?" I thought as I rushed towards Lapis.

All I could think of was to wait. I set her on the blue bed and turned to leave until once again I found myself absentmindedly moving to lay down next to her. 

"I can't leave her like this." I knew what would happen if she was alone.

I felt myself start to get tired and as soon as my eyes closed, I was out like a light.

LA TIME SKIP

I woke up a couple hours later to see Lazuli staring at me oblivious that I was awake even though we were looking into each others eyes. She was in a trace like state almost, but it allowed me to see details of her face I have never seen before. She had eyes that shined like the ocean, her once blue hair was turning brown again, and her face was that of an angel's. As I admired her she looked to snap out of the trance

"What are you doing here?" She sounded scared 

"I came by to drop off work that you missed, but stayed because I was worried." My mouth now had a mind of its own. I could not lie to her.

"GET OUT!" She screamed

I stood up slowly and turned to leave when something grabbed my arm in order to pull me down. I felt weight on my chest and my shirt was now wet.

"I'm so-sorry please don't leave me." She was crying now

"Why do you want me to stay all of a sudden?" I asked knowing the answer

"I don't know." Lapis was confused on why she wanted Peridot to stay

"You are confused, it's a side effect to the overdose you took earlier." My voice once again filled with worry.

She laid her head back on my chest, her crying had slowed, but based on how tight she held me I could tell she was terrified of something or someone. Her breathing slowed and she fell asleep. My arms instinctively wrapped around her and pulled her close. I was terrified right now because, not only was I letting her in, but I didn't want her to get hurt. I wanted to protect her, keep her safe, guard her, I wanted to be her guardian angel. In order to do that I would have to learn to trust her.

Lapis's Dream

The dream was the exact same as before with three people. I knew they were Jasper, Peridot, and myself. The only difference was the colors. Instead of white and red the colors were the same, they were both a very light red. This time I couldn't move, my feet would not let me. I couldn't choose who to go to because i wanted Peridot, but i did not know who was who. Eventually the dream ended and like before another dream became clear. The same as before only I could not tell which figure had died and who survived, but once again I had died.

End of Dream.

okay so my reason for doing the dream again is simple. like i said it's symbolic so there are three possible outcomes and i want a dream for all three. i promise not to do another in the next chapter.