Chapter 7

~your p.o.v~
I woke up at around 5 am. Of course, Karma was still sleeping. I decided to try and make myself breakfast, even though I can't really cook. I walked into the kitchen area and looked around, trying to find anything I can make that's simple and easy, but Karma made that pretty challenging.

~falshback~
"there's no food here.." I heard Karma say from the kitchen. I walked in and looked in the fridge with him. "I'm gonna go to the general store to get some food. I'll be back in about 20 minutes. Don't miss me too much~" he said as he smirked and winked at me. I lightly blushed but nodded my head.
~End Flashback~

I found some bread and eggs. 'French toast would be cool..' I thought as I was fiddling around with the bread. I looked up a recipe and used the easiest one I could find. 'Beat egg, vanilla and cinnamon in shallow dish. Stir in milk... Crap, I need vanilla, cinnamon, and milk..' I though as I was mentally cursing at myself for thinking I could possibly make something as complicated as french toast. I was looking through the cupboards to see if I could find anything else I could make. 'oh! Vanilla and cinnamon! perfect! I guess Karma was gonna make french toast too..' I thought, basically cheering. I cracked 1 egg into a bowl and added 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and a 1/4 teaspoon of milk. I almost dropped the bowl as I was stirring, but luckily caught it. I did, however, ended up getting a bit of the mixture on my pajamas. 'I should probably wear an apron..' I walked over to where Karma's apron was hanging up. 'This thing is huge on me..' I thought, struggling with the tie on the back. I then continued with the french toast. I grabbed 4 slices of bread, drenching them in the mixture, making a pretty big mess as I went. I prepped the pan with oil, and put 2 slices on at a time. I set the timer for 5 minutes, and stepped outside for some fresh air.

I went back in when I heard the timer go off. I took the french toast off of the stove and put it on a plate. 'These turned out really good! They're a little burnt, but other than that they turned out pretty good!' I thought, mentally praising myself. I put more oil on the pan and then put the other 2 slices of bread on the pan. I, again, set the timer to 5 minutes.

When the timer went off, I ran over to the stove and almost immediately took it off. I put those two pieces on another plate, and got out the glasses. I poured orange juice into two glasses and brought all the food over to the bed. It was now 6. 'I took an hour making french toast? wow..' I thought. I sat on the bed next to Karma and began to shake him to wake him up. He eventually awoke. "I, u-um, made b-breakfast" I mumbled. "hm? I thought you said you couldn't cook.." He responded. I felt my face flush from hearing his raspy morning voice. "I w-wanted to try and make something.." I said, trying to hide my face. "Is (y/n)-chan blushing?~" Karma said. "N-no!" I responded running into the kitchen. After I felt my face cool down, I grabbed the syrup and walked back into the bedroom area. "You made french toast, interesting.." Karma stated. "Y-yeah.. why is that interesting?" "Because I was gonna make french toast. Wait... its 6 in the morning?" Karma asked. "Yeah, I woke up pretty e-early.." "I can tell.."

I set up this little table by the side of the bed so we could eat. "Thanks, (y/n)-chan~" Karma said while smirking. I blushed, but nodded. I watched Karma take a bite of the french toast, and waited for a response. He stopped chewing, and it looked like his face went pale. "H-how is it?" I asked. "its, uh, got an interesting, uh, flavour.." Karma said. "Its not good, is it. I'm sorry.." I said. "Its not completely bad... I mean, the uh, orange juice is good.." "I'll just leave the cooking to you" I said. "Yes please" He responded.

~time skip (Karma's p.o.v)~
After the breakfast incident this morning, we decided to go look around before anyone else was up, because it was 6:45. We made our way to the boats, and saw a man and his dog fishing. He looked like a foreigner, so I decided to ask where he was from. "Excuse me sir, where are you from? You don't look Japanese.." I asked in English, trying my hardest to mask my accent. I heard (y/n) chuckle a bit. "hm? oh me? I'm from America." The man responded. 'I knew it.' I took (y/n)'s hand and smirked as I saw her blush out of the corner of my eye. We walked up towards him, sitting and watching him fish. I felt (y/n)'s head fall on my shoulder, so I looked down to see her sleeping. 'She's probably tired from waking up so early this morning..' I thought. "You two seem like a cute couple. How long have the two of you been dating?" the man asked. I felt my face flush, but I decided to tell him the truth. "Oh, we're not dating" I said. "Siblings?" "nope.." "then what?" "uh, close fliend.." "you mean 'friend'?" "yeah" 'crap I did it again..' I thought to myself. 'I always mess up the r and the l pronunciation..'

After about 5 minutes of just watching this man fish, I got and idea. "Excuse me sir, can I ask you a question?" I asked the man. "Please call me Andy." "okay, Andy, can I ask you a question?" "yeah sure kid, hit me" I was confused when he said 'hit me', but I decided to ignore it. "I was wondering if you could take me and my friend to the cliffs" I asked. I heard about the cliffs from the man who escorted us here. "Sure! But I have a question for you.. You two look pretty young, and this trip is strictly for the company I work at. Why are you two here?" The man asked. "Oh, we're filling in for someone. Hikari Anami.." "Oh! Hikari! yes, she used to be my karaoke buddy! She told me about her younger sister, (y/n), and how she doesn't talk much." I simply nodded, watching him pack up his stuff. "So, what time do you wanna go to the cliffs?" the man asked, now speaking in Japanese. "You speak Japanese??" I asked. "Well, yeah, I kinda have to. I mean, I work here" "oh yeah.. Well about the cliffs, any time works." "How about, maybe, noon?" "yeah sure! thanks" "no problem kid. Wait, I didn't catch your name?" "Akabane Karma. Please, just call me Karma." "Karma.. interesting name.. well, Karma, see you later! Come on Dex, time to go" Andy said, calling for his dog. "You too, Andy" I said as Andy walked off.

~time skip (your p.o.v)~
"(y/n)-channn~ wake up~" I heard Karma say. I slowly sat up, my eyes still closed. "C'mon (y/n)-chan~ we have to go" I opened my eyes and saw Karma sitting beside me on the bed. "Go?Where?" I mumbled while rubbing my eyes. "You'll see~ Now, get changed into you swim suit" I nodded and got up, walking towards my suitcase, grabbing my swim suit. I don't like to swim, because I'm pretty self-conscious. I really didn't want Karma to see me in a swim suit, but I had no choice. I would disappoint him if I didn't go with him, even though I have no idea where we're going. I waited for Karma to get up and wait outside, but he didn't move. "I'm gonna change now.." I said quietly. "Okay" was all he said. "Well I can't change with you in here.." I mumbled, blushing a little. "Aw~ why can't I watch?" Karma said, pretending to be hurt. "Karma. out." I said with a stern tone, pointing towards the door. "Ouch, (y/n)-chan, I'm hurt~" Karma said, opening the door to leave. "Just get out you perv.." I said shutting the door behind him.

After I was changed, I threw on one of Karma's shirts to cover myself up. His shirt smelt like him, clean like soap. I opened the door, and walked over to Karma, who was sitting down on the edge of the porch. "I'm, uh, ready.." I said, already feeling my cheeks heat up. "Wearing my shirt? I didn't know you liked me that much (y/n)-chan~" Karma teased. "I can take it off if you want me to.." I said, hiding my face. "No, its okay. You look really cute (y/n)-chan~" After hearing that, I felt my face heat up, A LOT. I felt Karma grab my hair, gently playing with it. "We need to do something about this.." He said while tying up my hair. After he was finished, he grabbed my hand and led me to the dock we were at earlier, where the guy and his dog were fishing. "Where is he.." Karma mumbled, with a bit of an exasperated look on his face. "Where is who?" I asked, curious. "Andy.. The man who was fishing here earlier.." Karma responded. I simply nodded.

After about 10 minutes of waiting, a small motor boat pulled up to the doc. "Hey! Karma! (y/n)! Ready to go?" The man, Andy, asked. He knew my name, but I'm pretty sure Karma told him I was Hikari's sister. "Yup" Karma responded. "Well what are you waiting for? Hop in!" Andy said. Karma got in first, offering his hand to help me in. I took his hand and jumped in, almost falling off the side, but thankfully, Karma caught me. "Woah there, don't die (y/n)-chan~" Karma teased. I just shook my head and sat down on one of the benches, Karma sitting at the front to keep the weight of the boat down. "You might need to sit up there with him, (y/n)." Andy said. I nodded and sat at the front with Karma. He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist, moving me to sit in between his legs. Of course, all I did was blush like an idiot. "You kids ready to go cliff jumping?" Andy asked, starting the motor. My heart immediately stopped. 'c-cliff jumping? oh no oh no oh no' I thought, slowly starting to freak out. I was trying to tell Karma I was too scared, but nothing came out. I felt a panic attack coming, 'Oh god, not now...'
~
A/N: Sorry for a little bit of a cliffhanger, and for not adding the fancy ball part in yet, but I absolutely promise that it will be in next chapter. I'm also gonna try and update every few days, because I do have a lot of school work, now being in the 10th grade. Also, if any spelling or punctuation is off, I'm sorry, I'm using my laptop and the auto correct doesn't exactly work (idk why). Something interesting is gonna happen during the ball, which is why I'm delaying it as much as possible. Anyways, sorry for this kinda useless chapter, but I relate to the reader. I can't cook at all, and I almost had a panic attack when I went cliff jumping this past summer haha. Anyways, again, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! 💕